Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#54805 Oct 22, 4:15pm
2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
thinking about shaving off the door handles and putting keyless entry on both my doors. and then going Lambo style going up.

any ideas on the coolest way to do this?

doesn't have to be the cheapest...

thanx ya'll...

blade911 #54806 Oct 22, 5:37pm
2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
The only way I can think of to do this would be with an autoloc shaved door handle kit with the stongest pop cylinder they make. Then have the decah VDC installed afterwards.

blade911 #54807 Oct 22, 5:38pm
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
King of the Hill
2003 Toyota Celica GT
yea you would need a remote to make the door pop out enough so you can still pull it up, but that would be really nice

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by VeilSide2K2GT
The only way I can think of to do this would be with an autoloc shaved door handle kit with the stongest pop cylinder they make. Then have the decah VDC installed afterwards.

decah is shit...carexcess is the only decent manufacturer. do you want the door to open up for you or just to pop then you open it. there isn't a VDK out yet that the door opens for you. you have to manuall lift it and then it stays up. But if money is not an issue i'm sure it could be done with some sort of hydrualic strut somehting like what opens our rear hatch.

spaztikid #54809 Oct 22, 7:02pm
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by spaztikid

decah is shit...carexcess is the only decent manufacturer. do you want the door to open up for you or just to pop then you open it. there isn't a VDK out yet that the door opens for you. you have to manuall lift it and then it stays up. But if money is not an issue i'm sure it could be done with some sort of hydrualic strut somehting like what opens our rear hatch.

the carexcess kit is a decah kit. decah dosent make a celica VDC kit. CarExcess modifies a decah civic kit to fit the celica. It still has a valid Decah warranty.

I wouldnt see any problem with having shaved handles with the VDC. Would be hot.

adamj5 #54810 Oct 22, 8:39pm
ev3
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
Originally Posted by adamj5
Originally Posted by spaztikid

the carexcess kit is a decah kit. decah dosent make a celica VDC kit. CarExcess modifies a decah civic kit to fit the celica. It still has a valid Decah warranty.

I wouldnt see any problem with having shaved handles with the VDC. Would be hot.

except that it would be kinda hard to get a grip of the door to lift up. and yes...carexcess is decah...