Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
My TRD front bumper has fog lights where the TRD fogs are supposed to be and I got rid of my stock ones. Im thinking of getting a plastic "cup" tip that will fit around the area of where my stock foggers used to be, and then doing something as simple as attaching a vacuum type hose, obviously bigger though, to the cup and run it through the plastic fender walls to cool off the brakes. This technique is used in NASCAR to cool off the brakes, as well as the driver. Obviously this wont work as well since they are going faster then we will all be, at least I think grin , but I'm thinking it will work just fine, maybe even as an alternative to cross-drilled rotors which crack and cause you to lose braking surface. Either way I'm going to do this and if anyone else is interested plz post here, If there is an interest I'll take some digi photos and write an install that maybe isaac can post on Ecelica (Ecelica has more installs than NC). Anyone who has seen my car knows I'm all about DIYs mainly because I'm a broke 18yr. old, and specifically with the TRD bumper which has huge "ports" in the design, I think this will work well. I'm curious on what other bumpers this will work with so if you want an install on this, plz post a pic of your bumper and its type if you can. My thread welcomes constructive criticism too... As of now I know I will have to work around my AEM CAI on the driver's side, the window washing fluid container on the other side, and the radiator in the middle. If anyone knows of an alternative place I can put the fluid container include that as well. Sorry for the long post, but I hope this works out to help out our community.

[Linked Image from clubcelica.com]

Kim
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT
i think thats a good idea if it works, my brother has an M3 and that brake-cooling-ram air vent comes stock on the front bumper. so yeah if it works out that'd be great! good idea! thumbsup

[Linked Image]