Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#5360 Nov 23, 1:37am
2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
today, RIGHT after i got out of school i took off to my toyota dealership anxiously awaiting my brand new trd exhaust. before today, ive been there a few times since buying the car to get my oil changed (for free grin ) and i talked to the parts guy about buying into trd. he gave me their prices and said they would be happy to match a price if i brought it in, in writing of course. so i went to etoyotas.com and printed up their trd price list and there it was "trd standard length exhaust for gts: $485" i slapped the onto the desk of the parts guy (literally) and smiled. to my disappointment, he didnt smile back. he was surprised to see such a low price and showed it to his manager. he came back and told me there was no way he could match that price. "its too low." so i had a word with the manager and he basically told me the same thing. "i wouldnt make any money off of it. i actually would lose money." i was furious! the dealership is almost an hour from my house (plus all the 5 o clock traffic i had to go through) and they told me they cant match the price! now the guy added something to being able to match the price. "it has to be within reason." well wtf is within reason? $100 to me would deffinately be within reason. they charged i think $640 for the exhaust. that was TOTALLY outragous. so after being pissed off, i thought about buying it anyways. the manager said the cheapest he could get it to me for was $580. This wasnt too bad of a price because now i didnt have to pay for the shipping if i ordered it through etoyotas but still.. its no $485. so i caved in and bought it and just thought about what i "should of done" on the way home. im sharing my story with you guys incase theres something else i could do to maybe get some money back. i wish i had a microphone recording the guy tell me he will match any price i brought in. let me know what you guys think and if you got any ideas.

[ 11-24-2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: eNinja ]

eNinja #5361 Nov 23, 2:28am
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Sugestion... call up Edrick at WestCovina Toyota -- or Steve Gantz at Carson Toyota (or both) and ask for them to fax you a price quote on the TRD Ext Exhaust (GTS) and also mention what happened today... see if they FAX you the price that you're looking for

it wouldnt hurt to ask grin

then take this fax with you to the dealership you went to last time and tell them that they are going to loose you money if they dont sell you the exhaust... atleast this way you take the upperhand by letting them know, that you know exactly the price they are getting the exhaust for and you're sick of them dicking you around like this.

basicaly they dont care how far you drove or the fact that you were in traffic for a long time... they just want to make a sale...

remind them that you are rotating parts through their store and if they dont sell the exhaust system, they loose the "number" that they would make with thier suplier.

just a sugestion rice

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

isaac #5362 Nov 23, 11:38pm
2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
the manager actually told me the price he gets it for. i think i remember him saying 20 dollars cheaper. so im guessing 485-20=$465? i already got he exhaust installed tho. sounds realy nice, need to make it louder tho. i need to find some way to make the dealership refund the money. or is it all sales final? oh well..

eNinja #5363 Nov 24, 5:35pm
guess what you bought it and installed it already, no way your gonna get your money back. How much for the install or did you do it yourself. dont feel too bad i got ripped even harder paid 650 for mine and that was suppose to be dealer cost.

Hungster #5364 Nov 25, 12:21am
2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
exhaust: $580
installation: $50
total: $630

the family of my friend owns a muffler shop and they installed it for my for 50 bucks. not too bad of a price, toyota wanted $170. i said f that. i could of done it myself but i didnt really have the tools. i need to make my exhaust louder. im probably going to hollow out my cat converter (shh dont tell anyone) and get a new header. what header do you guys recomend? trd is too quiet smile