Well if some of you may have been following my polyurethane mount thread you would know that my rear mount was cracked and started a chain reaction that cause my rear transaxle case to crack and leak oil.
"fernando" was awesome. we use the top half of the case and were able to swap it right in to the old one that was cracked.
I'm amazed at how easy it was. All we had to do was remove the imput shaft and the 16 bolts to the top half of the case and the spedo sensor. all the guts to the tranny have tight tolerances and didnt move or rotate anywhere.
pulled it off and saw my Kaaz lsd for the first time. Its strange how easy the final drive gear and lsd come right out. I was told by several service people at claremont that you had to remove 5th and 6th gear to get to it, which was a bunch of BS. all we had to do was pop off on part of the case and the LSD and final drive gear basically fell out.
we cleaned up the new case and we got it back on in the first attempt. you have to make sure everything lines up and that you use the sealant from toyota.
we got the tranny back in and used another type of stuff to fill my front and rear mount in. This polyurethane is allot stronger than my previous stuff because the previous batch for some reason was really soft. So soft it was starting to squeeze out. All my other mounts i've done never did that. So i've decided to scrap the use of that material and tried the new stuff.
Its much stiffer and idle is already noticably higher. I have yet to step on it as it seems to be taking longer than the 24 hour cure time.
So I'm going to have to put a hault to the polyurethane project untill I can figure out what stuff is the best to use. Since I had one bad batch, i dont want to take the chance of another one
I dont want to sell a crappy product. I hope all the interested people will understand. I need more testing on the current stuff.
Here are some pics from this weekend.
my engine hanging by a thread... (Okay, a big fuggin chain, but still...)
Leeetle bits and peices of transmissions all over the place...
The DSR race shop - fullof torn down black (and wanna be black) Celicas and Celica Parts
The culprit - the crack in my old tranny housing