Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

hey everyone! i am completely new to EC.com/cars in general/import scene and i have some questions regarding those so please bear with me. i will try to make them quick and to the point. here we go...

1. ive already searched on the site for this but where could i buy a good reputable turbo kit for a '00 - '03 celica?

2. can you get a twin turbo on a celica by chance?

3. where would i go, if applicable, to have parts installed on a celica that were after-market if i couln't find someone to do it or do it myself? ( im wondering if, for instance, nappa or auto-zone would install the parts for me if i had them. )

4. where would i go to read about racing information? im trying to learn about racing a little bit more so the information that i am looking for includes the following:

a. racing tips
b. who is who in the after market scene and who makes the best (like, is injen better than so and so, or is greddy the best at what they do )
c. the last thing i need to learn about are just cars in general for a beginner. i have tried both google and yahoo! and they really haven't given me what i am looking for.

just wanted to say hi to everyone again and thanks to all those who can help. peace.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Welcome to the boards. I hope you stick around. Ok. What I know is only a little about a little.

1) If you have a GTS, their's an XS Turbo kit (~260 hp) and EIP Turbo kits (up to 320 at 14 psi), in different stages. Blitz makes a Superchager for the GTS. The power is evenly distributed, but the max hp is only around 200 whp.

Dave Drafter(? newcelica.org?) has a custom GT turbo out. I saw one on eBay as well.

If you have money, you can have ANYTHING customly done.

2) Only if you get it customly done. I've never heard of neither the GT nor the GTS getting a twin turbo job. Not much room under the hood and the motors can't take much boost w/o major internal work being done.

3) Basic installs, such as cold air intakes, exhausts, headers, and piping can be done at most muffler shops. After that, you gotta' see what's available in your area.

4) Racing is all about hands on experience. That's about all I can tell you. Race a V6 at every chance you get, but be weary of V8's. That's the best I can tell you. hang around the boards and listen to some stories for a few days. You'll get the idea.

I hope that helped.
--Rob

Bruce Leroy
2002 Toyota Celica GTS
Bruce Leroy
2002 Toyota Celica GTS
wave Welcome to the boards. wave

I'm gonna take your little Civic. Dust it off. Turn it sideways and stick it straight up you candy A*s.

welcome grin

1) so far, there are two turbo kits out for the GT. i'm not sure about the GTS. you should look into nc.org for answers

2) it's not advisable to twin turbo the 7th generation celica simply because it doesn't have a strong enough block. it's aluminum, and can't handle as much boost as the supra's cast-iron block. not to mention the cylinder walls are very thin.

hope this helps!

//2k3 zephBlue celica

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
About the turbo, read this thread (click)

[Linked Image]

well, i would just like to thank everyone who helped out. it helped me learn quite a bit so thanks to all!

i have another question that i could not find answered regarding th DD turbo for the celica gt model. if/when i bought the turbo kit, who could i have to install that for me? i live in WI, in the milwaukee are so if anybody just might happen to be there that would be awesome. but if not, where in the U.S. would do it? thanks a lot again.