Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hi, I have yet to find anyone who has this. Seems like it is a new model they make. It says that it includes a replacement Mass Air Sensor. I heard a lot of Ford Focus reviews saying their iceman intake produces a lot of torque. And by looking at their published % increases, the focus' iceman intake torque increase % actually is less than the Celica, maybe because the Celica has real poor torque to begin with (hence larger torque increase %)?

Anyways, the intake has wide tube on the filter side and then almost a plenum type elbow, with a tapered output to the throttle body. And from what I can tell, the sensor is mounted near the trottle body. Another thing different about this intake is that it is plastic, not aluminum.

Here is my "theory" (I am not an engineer): The idea of a wide diameter near the filter section with a big plenum, and then tapering to a smaller pipe near the trottle would indicate that it would produce a lot of torque. having the tappered small tube near the trottle would keep the flow quick and increase velocity. Furthermore, by having the large pipe near the filter and having a plenum elbow, it would also allow the intake to have more internal volume and have less restriction allowing it to breath easier yet have more backpressure for torque. Thus giving torque down low without killing high end horsepower.

Link:

http://www.icemanmotorsports.com/products/Toyota/CEL0003.html

2003 Toyota Celica
2003 Toyota Celica
it says 6% hp increase on their website, so that's like around 10 hp gain?..that is very impressive! i might change my mind and go with this one thumbsup