Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
hey guys does anyone have a jet vforce or know how to install?which is better the vforce or the venom?!?!?! wtf

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
no one?!?!?!?! eek eek eek

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
post a link or a pic or some info.. something!

If it's one of those gizmos that is supposed to give you 20+ horsepower for $30, I can tell you right now it's a scam.

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
i mean about the venom 400 module or the JET Chip V-force!!!! confused confused confused confused

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
confused confused confused confused No Idea what you are talking about.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have the jet chip in my gt. And yes it does give noticible gains, I have two ecu's one with and one without. So I have ran both one right after the other. I will post dyno results as soon as I can. Also the only thing that I have heard about the venom control module is that it tricks the computer into thinking that your mashing the pedal when you only have it pressed a little bit. I guess so you think your getting hella power with such little effort. But this is only what I have heard, I don't have actually evidence to back that up.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Both the jet module and the venom module adjust the fuel curve to give you more hp across the 2-5 or 6000 rpm band, and i know the jet module also advances the spark timing, and yes, they both work, i just don't know which one is better, but for me, personally, i just bought a apexi S-AFC and hooked it up in my car to control my fuel, and that thing works great for me, my gt could probably come very close in a race with a gts right now, though i haven't found one around here to race yet. It gave me some nice gains, especially low end. I shift gears and slam the clutch and watch the speedometer take a nice hop on the shift. Its up to you which one you get, if you decide on the apexi though i can give you a place for the wiring diagram and also give you some numbers to put in for the comp to get you started.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
you "hooked" it up to your car? the apex-i s-afc requires dynotuning.

Originally Posted by trdcelica13
Both the jet module and the venom module adjust the fuel curve to give you more hp across the 2-5 or 6000 rpm band, and i know the jet module also advances the spark timing, and yes, they both work, i just don't know which one is better, but for me, personally, i just bought a apexi S-AFC and hooked it up in my car to control my fuel, and that thing works great for me, my gt could probably come very close in a race with a gts right now, though i haven't found one around here to race yet. It gave me some nice gains, especially low end. I shift gears and slam the clutch and watch the speedometer take a nice hop on the shift. Its up to you which one you get, if you decide on the apexi though i can give you a place for the wiring diagram and also give you some numbers to put in for the comp to get you started.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Steven
you "hooked" it up to your car? the apex-i s-afc requires dynotuning.

I wired it to the ecu and tuned it on the road, not perfect tuning but with the help of my air/fuel meter i was able to get a nice gain out of it, my friend did the same thing with his when he put in a homemade turbo into his talon es, and he knows his sh*t about this stuff, he gave me what not to do, and i took it out for a day and tuned it to what i felt gave me the best gains.

I dunno how you guys started thinking that the apexi SAFC works for us.

IT DOESN'T!!!!

the ecu WILL reset back to stock. The settings are waaay to crude, and since on OBDII cars the O2 sensor is god, the SAFC doesn't tie into that and the ecu will detect the discrepancies and adjust back to stock.

Same goes for any aftermarket company claming to make a "performance chip" for our cars.

other vehicles it is possible to adjust. What ever you do dont buy any of those chips.

The only thing you can buy that will get you any gains will be the pre-tuned apexi power FC from monkeywrench racing. Which is a stand alone replacement ECU.

Its sad how these companies boast all these claims and us hungry Celica owners starving for another mod throw money at them when all your doing is paying for your ignorance.

Last edited by Illusive; Oct 6, 2003 2:51pm.

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by Illusive

IT DOESN'T!!!!

the ecu WILL reset back to stock. The settings are waaay to crude, and since on OBDII cars the O2 sensor is god, the SAFC doesn't tie into that and the ecu will detect the discrepancies and adjust back to stock.

Same goes for any aftermarket company claming to make a "performance chip" for our cars.

other vehicles it is possible to adjust. What ever you do dont buy any of those chips.

The only thing you can buy that will get you any gains will be the pre-tuned apexi power FC from monkeywrench racing. Which is a stand alone replacement ECU.

Its sad how these companies boast all these claims and us hungry Celica owners starving for another mod throw money at them when all your doing is paying for your ignorance.

Before you start saying i don't know what i'm talking about, ask me first, and i know for a fact it works, all you have to do to know is to ajust fuel at low rpm's and the engine will start gasping for gas, and run the gas up and it will start revving higher. You also notice a difference through the rpm band when you look at an air/fuel gauge if you have one. As for tying into the o2 sensor, thats exactly where it works. If you check the wiring diagram, you'll see the o2 sensor first goes to the afc, then back to the ecu, all it needs to do is lower or higher the value going back to the ecu and it will easily change how much fuel is being used.

Originally Posted by Illusive

IT DOESN'T!!!!

Before you start saying i don't know what i'm talking about, ask me first, and i know for a fact it works, all you have to do to know is to ajust fuel at low rpm's and the engine will start gasping for gas, and run the gas up and it will start revving higher. You also notice a difference through the rpm band when you look at an air/fuel gauge if you have one. As for tying into the o2 sensor, thats exactly where it works. If you check the wiring diagram, you'll see the o2 sensor first goes to the afc, then back to the ecu, all it needs to do is lower or higher the value going back to the ecu and it will easily change how much fuel is being used.

sorry bro but I have to disagree with you.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. the ecu will reset to stock. yeah it will adjust on the fly, the ecu cant compensate that quickly, but it doesn't directly alter the 02 sensor output.

I have several "inside" people at toyota who can attest to this thing being a high priced POS. Now this is only for the celica. Other cars it works wonders.

If you still dont believe me, "tune" your safc & dyno it. then come back the next day and dyno. your "tuning" will have dissapeared.

I'm not going to say you dont know what your talking about but dont go around mis-informing people.

I've also got a buddy who attempted to use the safc for tuning on his turbo. he has 30 + dynos of where the ecu reset the safc settings back to stock. If you wont believe my word (or the word of some toyota master techs/engineers) take his dynos as proof.

peace

Controlled Inertia
President
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
alright, lets forget about the S-afc now then, cause theres a lot of questions up in the air about that, and we'll get back to his question about the v-force module and the venom module, will these turn out the same as you are saying the safc will or will they improve it?

alright, lets forget about the S-afc now then, cause theres a lot of questions up in the air about that, and we'll get back to his question about the v-force module and the venom module, will these turn out the same as you are saying the safc will or will they improve it?

like my first post. First of all there is no way to "reprogram" our ecu, so any company that claims that is full of bullsheit. Even the engineers who designed the ecu in the celica cant hack into it and reprogram it. That should give you some idea.

Jet v and venom=lower class SAFC. They aren't adjustable like the safc, but they claim to do all the same things the safc does. there has not been a single piggyback ecu that has been tested on a celica and worked yet.

there is one that has come out that may work, the greddy Emanage. but you have to do allot of work to get it to hook up to the ecu. No one has tested it yet.

People will do what they wish with their money. I'd never buy an safc or a jet-v or venom chip, because they dont work.

Controlled Inertia
President
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
From what I understand it's possible to change the air/fuel-maps (something like that).
It sounds to me you're not trying to fool the ecu by giving 'false' signals, but rather just feed it with other air/fuel ratios. Since the original air/fuel-maps are overwritten it can't go back to stock.

Maybe this only work when you drive 95+ octane gas.

Does that make any sense?

Originally Posted by Immo
From what I understand it's possible to change the air/fuel-maps (something like that).
It sounds to me you're not trying to fool the ecu by giving 'false' signals, but rather just feed it with other air/fuel ratios. Since the original air/fuel-maps are overwritten it can't go back to stock.

Maybe this only work when you drive 95+ octane gas.

Does that make any sense?

your understanding is skewed.

all piggy backs have to alter the signals of the sensors to change the air/fuel. Unless your installing a completely new ECU (apexi power FC) your not going to be able to rewrite the air/fuel maps on the stock celica ecu.

the octane level makes no difference. Like I said these work wonders on other cars, but the celica ECU will adjust back to stock.

Controlled Inertia
President
2.007 (best 60')
All motor

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I am not talking about piggyback-systems.
I know people who have gotten their ecu (rom/eeprom/OBD2) reprogrammed with changed air/fuel-maps

They have gotten gains of 20 hp and 30-40 Nm in torque.
I have however no idea how this lasted over time.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
20 hp just from tweaking the a/f ratio on a 4 cylinder? I don't think so.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Ok, I'm back from a weekend of Mountain Biking and I'm hurting. Anyway I voided my warranty with the jet chip guys cause I removed the little sticker that says "DO NOT REMOVE" they actually soldered on a chip that is not on the factory ecu, yeah they actually did more than put on a sticker. Like I said before I don't have dyno results so you won't hear me quote any horsepower rating. I can just tell you right now that I have swapped my ecu's several times and have let a few of my friends drive it both ways and everyone agrees that it is doing something. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't give you what jet claims it will, but I haven't found a Mod yet that does.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
have you added an intake?

the only way you will be able to tell if it made a difference is if you get a baseline dyno run and then a dyno run with the "chip" on the same day during the SAME conditions on the same DYNO.

If you don't, you don't have any proof. Documentation talks and bullshit walks.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Enough of speculation. I'm tired of this "chip" controversey. Get a baseline dyno run and a dyno run after you install the "chip" or don't mention this again. Thread closed.