Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey wassup? well i came across an ebay item that was called venom400. This was what the item discription read...

25 percent more horsepower in just 30 minutes.

You don't have to be a master mechanic to get a major horsepower increase from your car. All you need is a half an hour, a set of hand tools, and Python's Venom 400 performance control module. The Venom 400 increases horsepower by 25 percent in the 1,000 to 5,000 rpm range and reduces delay when you mash down your throttle. And because the control unit only kicks on during increased engine load, it doesn't affect fuel economy under normal driving conditions. The Venom 400 works with preinstalled performance chips, has an off switch to preserve smog certification when not racing, and requires only four electrical connections during installation.

This product is for a 00+ celica GT or any 00+ model corolla.

yeah never heard of it? does it really work? some bidder spent $240 from the buy now option. I'm just curious..by the way I'm new to Everything Celica...My parents just got me a 2002 Celica GT..Absolute red...i wanted a gts but the gt is coo..let me know what ya think...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes, that baby works, and it works really REALLY well. I cut the 0-60mph 1.3 sec on my GT 143bhp.
Its an addon to the existing computer, which modifies the signals.. Alltrac.net has an article on it, site is:

Venom 400 [carreview.com]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
thanx for the info Azmodan...now i can sleep at night for the closure of my curiousity...kidding!

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by boydevious:
My parents just got me a 2002 Celica GT..Absolute red...i wanted a gts but the gt is coo..let me know what ya think...
Hey, welcome to ecelica.com!
I wouldnt worry too much about getting the GT when you realy wanted a GTS... the GTS may have a lot of positives when it comes to engine... but it also has a lot of negatives too - the engine is larger and will not easily accept a turbo (the GT is turbo friendly). There have been much reported broblems with the GTS engine quitting at 35,000 miles into the 36,000 mile warentee...

more stuff that could be listed... but im sure as you post on the boards, you'll come across those issues very quickly rice

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
what exactly was being sold? a N20 kit? or some sort of electronic device?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i checked up on it and s little box, it feeds off of other sensors and throtle preformance and what not, and from what ive read, people say it works pretty well, especialy with other mods,however the dont make it for new celicas yet, and they usually cost aboot $300 or so

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've read an article about this product you can go to this site to learn more. (http://www.spswebpage.com/tech/free_performance.html)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
thanks fellas for the info...kingter..the info provided on the website you posted expains alot..i get it now...

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ummm... if all the venom 400 does is open the throttle more then how could it knock down the 0 - 60 by 1.3 seconds? confused

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
My $0.02 is that I've only heard good things, unlike the electronic turbo, etc. Usually when its something thats a rip off everyone jumps on it so I'd say give it a shot... Also stick with the GT thumbsup

[Linked Image from clubcelica.com]

[ 08-01-2002, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: MotaSkate ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If you have automatic I think Venom 400 may help a little bit taking off the time delay. Does any body here actually have one installed?

[ 08-02-2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: kingter ]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
does anyone know if the venom400 can be removed whenever you want it to? or does it take a lot of mechanical things to remove it?

Hey there is an on and off switch on the Venom 400 control module and it comes with an led that you can install your dash to see when it's on.

OOOOOOpppppssssss
Sorry for not introducing myself, imma new here. Been a fan of the site for a couple of weeks and have picked up a lot of info. My name is Mike and I live in Anchorage, Alaska.

You can buy a Venom 400 control module at planetperformance.com for $399.99

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally posted by Toxic Celica:
OOOOOOpppppssssss
Sorry for not introducing myself, imma new here. Been a fan of the site for a couple of weeks and have picked up a lot of info. My name is Mike and I live in Anchorage, Alaska.
Hey - welcome to EverythingCelica, Mike! thumbsup

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

@planetperformance.com it's now $299.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey guys, I don't have a Celica (but my friend does) I actually have a 96 Eagle Talon, but I am known to read all the different message boards. DO NOT BUY THE VENOM 400!!! It is a waste of money! It gives you NO additional power at full throttle, ever wonder why? All this piece of junk does, is tell your car that you are stepping harder on the pedal than you really are, so basically, you can achieve these results for free, just step harder on the pedal! It is ridiculous how much money they are making off this crap! Another one is the "timing advance kit" you might see on ebay, which just tells your car your sucking in colder air than you really are, problem is, your car has fuzzy logic, (artificial intelligence basically), so after a couple of weeks, it will figure out what is happening, and your car will be back to normal! Hope this helps guys, save your money! I hate to see $300 get wasted that could buy you some real mods!!!!