Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... #4976 Oct 23, 2:19am Oct 23, 2:19am

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Unregistered

NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL...
How much does this cost and what are good brands?
I have no idea I just saw it in a post and they said it would add like 90 horsepower. Sounds like a good upgrade to me.

Re: NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... #4977 Oct 23, 7:57am Oct 23, 7:57am
Riverside, CA
2001 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica GTS
Steven
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
Steven
2001 Spectra Blue Mica Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS

Riverside, CA
To date, there is no aftermarket Intake manifold that you can buy that replaces the stock manifold; however, you can have it milled out for higher air flow. A machine shop will do that but there are controversies right now that some argue milling the Intake manifold will do no positives. I have yet to see a natural aspired celica with a milled Intake manifold. However if you keep reading you'll find out more information. I have more information about milling and port polishing but I doubt it is 100% accurate so I will not disclose this information.

Flywheels are available; however, Mike Lu has a lightened flywheel, maybe he could help you there. thumbsup

[ 10-23-2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Steven ]

Re: NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... [Re: Steven] #4978 Oct 23, 5:33pm Oct 23, 5:33pm

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Unregistered

as far as flywheel brands...it depends on which model you have. don't know for the gt but for the gts:

TRD, TOM'S, JUN, FIDANZA

that's all i know for now...

Re: NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... #4979 Oct 23, 9:46pm Oct 23, 9:46pm

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Steven:
To date, there is no aftermarket Intake manifold that you can buy that replaces the stock manifold; however, you can have it milled out for higher air flow. A machine shop will do that but there are controversies right now that some argue milling the Intake manifold will do no positives. I have yet to see a natural aspired celica with a milled Intake manifold. However if you keep reading you'll find out more information. I have more information about milling and port polishing but I doubt it is 100% accurate so I will not disclose this information.

Flywheels are available; however, Mike Lu has a lightened flywheel, maybe he could help you there. thumbsup
oh yeah your smart! ever hear of jg edelbrock? they make the victor x Intake manifold...
btw, 00snc- i think it was me who posted the thing about the 90 wheel horsepower (but i may be wrong b/c that what they claim)- but on the other hand maybe steven is talking about the fact that they dont make them for the celica, which i know
@ least one company that does, (forgot the site), but you coould try all these sites:
www.acautotechnic.com
www.jgedelbrock.com
and
www.converter.com

sorry if i make false claims but i hope i helped...

Re: NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... #4980 Oct 24, 1:55am Oct 24, 1:55am

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Unregistered

New Concept, PDawd, and Steven, I appreciate the help, i'll check out those sites. If anyone else has any more info on this subject please let me know.

Re: NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LIGHTENED FLYWEEL... #4981 Oct 24, 1:56am Oct 24, 1:56am

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Unregistered

PDawd=PDawg