Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
well this morning when i start the car everything is fine, let it warm up for about a minute, and then happily drove off to work. well about 1 mile into the drive my car all of a sudden (while out of gear) jumped up to 4.5rpm and stayed there as if i was holding down the throttle.. so i tapped the throttle a few times, thinking maybe the throttle cable was gummed up, and then i saw the rpms start to fall.. but it didnt go back to a constant idle.. the car started jumping from 1-2rpm whenever i wasnt in gear or at a dead stop.

anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening? i checked and cleaned the MAF, checked all hose connections ( i have an injen CAI ) and made sure everything was on tight, butit just wont stop bouncing from 1.5-2rpms.. its very annoying.. any fresh ideas?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
you know what i have IDLE problems too... Sometimes when I'm driving around town with the engine fully warmed up, it decides to bounce around from like 1.5 RPM to as low as like 450RPM and its REALLY annoying. I've been having this problem before i did any mods so i have no idea what causes this.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Check the vaccumn lines to make sure there is not one open, Injen CAI comes w/ a small plug that should be in one of the hoses, hope this helps.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
my vaccum lines are in the correct places and so is that little plug that goes onto the intake manifold

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
everything is as it should be like i said.. also i have reinstalled the stock airbox.. perhaps its the thermostat?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've had this problem before... back then, I had no mod whatsoever..
Everyday, I had to climb a hill (about 4 miles) and there's always traffic. So I was in the stop-and-go pattern.. and this happened to me not once... but a couple of times. I was so scared, cos the rpm dropped pretty low (like 450)and the car was ready to die. I usually just to rev it up to about 2K for 30 secs. Now, It goes away completely... I have never experienced the same thing for 1 year already.