Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
How would I go about fabricating this mod idea? I do believe it will work. So if it does how would I go about Manufacturing it or getting it manufactured. Should I contact AEM or Injen? Or do I need to develope the idea on paper first then patten it then send it to those companies to see if interested? NEED INPUT <<<< Hope this works out, you will in all regions benifit I am sure. As well as the companies selling the idea. Any suggestions on how to produce or fabricat this idea, let me know. It came to me in a dream last night, and it makes real sence. spineyes

TRD extended Exhaust, S2000 Antenna: MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
IN ALL FAIRNESS , IT'S MY IDEA. If I let it be known, what is to prevent someone else from developing it and me loosing out. No Offence but that doesn't seem like a smart desicion. NEXT! thumbsdown

its kinda hard to tell you how to make something if we don't know what it is or how you want to make itrolleyes i'm not naive but i don't think he was tryin to steal your idea but like anything if you know what you want go where you need to go to get it made, if you wanna make it outta metal go to a metal shop

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
LouisianaGTS,

I don't have much experience in this myself, but I have a few inventor type friends. I have heard that there are a number of ways to go about this.

One is to contact a company in a similar market that has the ability to implement and test your idea and hope they like the idea and are willing to pay and not steal it.

Another is to document and patent the idea yourself. Then you can either sell it, or try to develop it yourself.

A third I have heard of is to use an inventors broker (lots of listings can be found in inventors magazines and such). For a small fee they will do the legwork for any patent research and file for the patents for you. This may not seem like much, but it can be a daunting task from what I hear. Some will also then help you to find financial backing to develop it yourself, or companies that are willing to buy the idea.

Of course your could always search out someone who can help with a prototype locally or on the forums.

Whichever way you choose, document your idea soon before you forget and Good Luck!!

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally posted by celicaGTS01:
its kinda hard to tell you how to make something if we don't know what it is or how you want to make itrolleyes i'm not naive but i don't think he was tryin to steal your idea but like anything if you know what you want go where you need to go to get it made, if you wanna make it outta metal go to a metal shop
And I wasn't saying you or anyone else would. BUT you have to be careful.

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
LOL, thanks any way.rolleyes