Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
which suspension people like the most- TRD, B&G, Hotchkiss, Tein, goldline, eibachi, HKS, or something else.

What kind of suspension we have is a loosely used term. I assume you are referring to shocks/springs, or upgrades to stiffen your ride like tower brace?

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much damn space!
2000 Black GTS
AEM CAI
HKS Hi-Power Cat-back
AEM Strut Tower Brace
AEM Tru-Power Pulley
TRD Quick Shift Kit
Momo Gear Knob
Euro Clear Side Markers
Carbon Fiber Taillights
Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
Konig Absolute Opal 18s
Nitto NT 555 225/35ZR-18s
TRD Performance Springs
Coming soon...
TRD LSD
TRD Header & Downpipe
Hi-Flo Cat
Head Port n Polish
Apex-i SAFC
Body Kit

I have TRD springs made by the German company Eibach. And I also have a Rod Millen tower bar
made in California. I like this setup and I probably wont replace the dampeners or switch to coilovers until my suspension has more miles on it. I bought my car with this stuff on it from a Toyota dealership. The previous owner of the car had good intentions I guess.

i have trd struts with eibach sportline springs (1.8 drop front, 2.4 rear) with tanabe front strut bar and trd rear strut bar. love it

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ALL STOCK BABY! HAHHAHAHA

2003 Zephyr Blue Celica GT
this is on topic so i hope ya dont mind Blue Dragon me adding a question...

If i wanted say a half inch drop... how would i got about doing that? my roomate keeps telling me my stock setup with a kit and 18"s is gonna leave the illusion of a huge fender gap...

and possibly can the solution be done in-house, toyota/TRD cause i don't wanna mess with warranties just 2 weeks into my cars life hehe

AM03GT: Get the TRD springs and have your Toyota Dealership install them. It's about 200-250 usd to get them put on, but it won't void your warranty and they have just over an inch drop overall. Here's an idea what it will look like with 18s and 215/35/18 tires... Front tire looks a little larger than it is in the 2nd picture due to the angle the picture is taken at.

Pic 1 [teamcelica.com]
Pic 2 [teamcelica.com]

Edit: No need to get new shocks with TRD Lowering Springs, with any coilovers it wouldn't be a bad idea though.

[ 11-19-2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: utkdawg ]

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I don't mind as long as it's about suspensions. And when I mean suspensions I mean everything. Oh and it is going to leave a big gap, so you have to go with other shocks instead of TRDs, like the Eibachi sport line or Hotchkiss.

yea if you drop your car without trd stuff it will void your suspension warrenty, but who cares about suspension warrenty. I personally have Tein SS coilovers, hotchkis comp sways, front and rear cambers. The front camber also comes with a front strut bar, i am also ordering the hypermotive rear 3 point strut. hopefully i will have all of this installed in about a week or so, still waiting for my tein coilovers.

utkdawg...your ride is sweeeeet bro thumbsup

[Linked Image]

Originally posted by utkdawg:
AM03GT: Get the TRD springs and have your Toyota Dealership install them. It's about 200-250 usd to get them put on, but it won't void your warranty and they have just over an inch drop overall. Here's an idea what it will look like with 18s and 215/35/18 tires... Front tire looks a little larger than it is in the 2nd picture due to the angle the picture is taken at.

Pic 1 [teamcelica.com]
Pic 2 [teamcelica.com]

Edit: No need to get new shocks with TRD Lowering Springs, with any coilovers it wouldn't be a bad idea though.
wow~! thats only ~1 inch? pretty cool, i just wanna make sure don't have to fight epic battles with speed bumps and have to worry bout the craptified freeways in LA taking a chunk outta my kit...

Hungster: your getting Tiens? sweet, are you getting the EDFC kind with the onboard digital rate and settings adjuster... those are so nice~

[ 11-19-2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: AM03GT ]

that onboard thing is expensive and not neccessary, thats why im not getting it.

Thanks much, mkvirus, it's greatly appreciated.

AM03GT: TRD springs are just about a 1.25" drop. I haven't had any issues with scraping at all. Then again, I used to drive a Firebird and was used to avoiding bottoming out. In fact, I don't think I've bottomed my Celi out once in the 4 months I've had the springs on. Keep in mind lowering springs are a bit stiffer than coilovers.

200-250 to have trd springs put on???? damn, someone got ripped off. KDAWG, just had my trd springs put on 3 weeks ago and my dealership charged my 113.00 to put them on. And by the way, they did one hell of a great job!

YOur car looks sweet bro!

04 Toyota Spyder - TRD Sportivo, B&M SS, TRD Front and Rear Strut Braces, Volk TE37's, Garrett GT28RS Turbo 10psi, TiAl wastegate, HKS SS BOV, Air/Water IC