Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I see to be DOT compliant, you must have a yellow bulb in your clear bumper lights. I think the clear would look better but don't want a reason to be stopped either.
Is the law enforced on this issue in you all's experience?

Nole-hater
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Nole-hater
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I have had a cop stare at my front bumper and say nothing about it. Actually, I don't think it's illegal to have clear corners w/ clear lights.

[Linked Image]
In case you didn't notice its good to be a Florida Gator. Noles Suck.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I never got stopped...i never even got stopped for 5% tints in my old car...its only when they catch speeding and your being an asshole they'll point it out and break your balls, other than that i dont think cops seem to care unless the light lights blue or red or sumthin other than white...my bulbs look blue but shine bright white

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
OOohhhh thanks for reminding me! I gotta get my car inspected, I forgot I had hyper whites in my bumper lenses too. LoL.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
i used to have blue leds in my corner lights, and i got pulled over for that b/c the cop said blue is a reserved color for police officers to get attention. he said the only colors allowed on a car is orange, white, and red. i guess yellow fog lights is ok. so having hyperwhite bulbs on the corner lights are perfectly fine.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
here red is illegal too

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i have blue bulbs for my clear corners and don't get harrassed!

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
in NJ, amber bulbs are REQUIRED for the turn signal.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
This isn't the turn signal, but the bumper light. I read that it is required to be yellow, if the car has them, and red on the rear.
From what I have gathered from you guys, I don't think anyone would notice unless I was acting a fool.
Thanks for your input.

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
I've got clear lenses w/ blue bulbs and the only time I've gotten stopped was b/c he didn't like my blue turn signals, didn't say anything about the corner lenses

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Yeah, I have hyperwhite...everything. And didnt get harrassed except for once in front of my house but I think he was just kidding because my neighbor is a Sheriff...

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by Scorp
This isn't the turn signal, but the bumper light. I read that it is required to be yellow, if the car has them, and red on the rear.
From what I have gathered from you guys, I don't think anyone would notice unless I was acting a fool.
Thanks for your input.

no, it's the same thing...it blinks...it's a turn signal on the bumper...
NJ law requires them to be amber...
you can have clear lenses, but NEED an amber bulb...

all states are different.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
My bumper light does not blink. Only the turn signal within the main headlights. A 2002 here, is yours a pre- 2000 model, body change I mean?

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by VSGTS14

I've never had a problem with my White Blinkers ?

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by RicePowered

?
I've heard and witnessed that if you don't have amber turning signals, you will get pulled over and a ticket and are required to change it...
my brother bought clear corners for his tundra and had to find an amber bulb somewhere because no other color was allowed... confused confused confused confused
I don't have a problem with this, I'm getting clear corners and I don't mind the amber color in the headlight and the bumper lens...
it looks better other colors...but I could of sworn you need amber...i may be wrong?

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
My bumper light does not blink. Only the turn signal within the main headlights. A 2002 here, is yours a pre- 2000 model, body change I mean?
Does everyone else's bumper/corner light blink along with their turn signal?

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi

I could of sworn mine does...i can't check right now, car is at toyota. coming back later...2003 here.

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff
Originally Posted by RicePowered

?
I've heard and witnessed that if you don't have amber turning signals, you will get pulled over and a ticket and are required to change it...
my brother bought clear corners for his tundra and had to find an amber bulb somewhere because no other color was allowed... confused confused confused confused
I don't have a problem with this, I'm getting clear corners and I don't mind the amber color in the headlight and the bumper lens...
it looks better other colors...but I could of sworn you need amber...i may be wrong?

Found it ... grin

New Jersey Permanent Statutes
TITLE 39 MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC REGULATION
39:3-50. Color of lights, permits; cancellation or revocation of permits

39:3-50. Color of lights, permits; cancellation or revocation of permits
All lamps and reflectors, which display a light visible from directly in front of a vehicle as authorized by this subtitle, shall exhibit lights substantially white, yellow or amber in color.

(a) The color of light emitted or reflected by exterior lamps or reflectors on a vehicle shall be as follows, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b), (c) and (d) of this section:

White when the lamp is a headlamp, or spot lamp, or illuminates a license plate or a destination sign; or is located on the outside limit of a side car or other attachment on a motor cycle;

Substantially white or amber when the lamp is a side-cowl or fender lamp, running-board or other courtesy lamp, front parking lamp, back-up lamp, auxiliary driving lamp; or a turn signal on or facing the front;

Substantially red or amber when the lamp is a turn signal or a stop lamp on or facing the rear;

Red when any other lamp or any reflector is on the rear or on either side at or near the rear, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (f) of section 39:3-61 for a combination marker lamp;

Amber when any other lamp or reflector is on the front or on either side other than at or near the rear.

(b) Lamps and reflectors on projecting loads shall emit or reflect light with color as provided in section 10 of this act.

(c) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any street or highway equipped with any device or lamp thereon capable of or displaying a light of any other color than permitted by this section, except: an authorized emergency vehicle, an authorized school bus, or a vehicle authorized by a permit issued by the director.

(d) A permit authorizing a vehicle to be equipped with a lamp capable of or displaying a flashing light, except as provided in 39:3-54 or a light of a color other than permitted by this section, visible from directly in front of said vehicle, may be issued by the director when necessary, in his discretion, for the reasonable and safe movement of traffic. The permit shall specify the type and color of such lamp and the conditions under which a person may drive or move the vehicle with said lamp displaying a light. The permit shall be valid only when the specifications and conditions contained therein are complied with.

The director may cancel or revoke a permit issued under authority of this section whenever the conditions for its issuance no longer exist or on any other reasonable grounds.

Amended by L.1951, c. 24, p. 121, s. 1; L.1964, c. 136, s. 3.

http://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/om_...dhits=2&zz= [lis.njleg.state.nj.us]

So our blinker's can be white in NJ

ECelica Staff
ECelica Staff

My bumper light doesn't blinker either.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I checked mine again just now, doesn't blink.
It really doesn't matter tho, from what I have gathered, legal is amber(front) only. My real question was does it seem to be noticed by the law. Sounds like...Not. Who knows what Barney a guy could run into tho. I'm gonna look at both and stay with the one I like till I am told different by the MAN. Hope it isn't expensive tho..lol

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
awesome...
our blinkers in the headlight and bumper lens?
that's awesome, I guess that's something next I am going to buy. thumbsup

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
what i dont understand - is looking at the history of people who try to knock "MTEC" and other well known lighting that we, along with many other import automotive websites sell... is that the only people trying to make a big stink about thingsm are persons with less than 10 posts in their post count (newbies)

it gives me reason to believe that either our competition is jelious that we are doing so well.. or just simply that people are extremely paranoid about apearing in front of a judge for the trial of the century, "i went to jail for LIFE because of a light bulb"

i bet you anything... that when a a light bulb goes out on some $400 beater from the late 70s... and the own walks into walmart or target to get a replacement bulb... buying anything that fits and only paying $2 for the light bulb... that the owner of that junker will never get pulled over and having the third degree pushed onto him for light bulb related issues.

I can also guess that after all these car chases on the street - when they are running "the book" against the "fleeing suspect", that checking his light bulbs NEVER even comes across anyones minds rofl ... NEVER! wave

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
BTW - That was meant to be a REALITY-CHECK... not a dis rice

[Linked Image]

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm not sure if I even understand your rant or if it was directed at me btw. My purpose is to not raise a red flag for myself on the way home from the local pub.

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
...its just a light bulb. What are they going to do, arrest you for having the wrong bulbs?

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm not sure if I even understand your rant or if it was directed at me btw. My purpose is to not raise a red flag for myself on the way home from the local pub.

it was just a rant... NOT directed at you
if you check, you will see that simular topics about light bulbs are posted about every other day - for the past few months (they are all basically the same... but none of them were exactly like what you had posted thumbsup)

its all good... nothing was directed at you rice

[Linked Image]

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
I have clear/clear.. never been stopped. Had it on my last car also, never stopped. Even if you are, BFD.. you change the bulbs, pay a tiny fine.. life goes on grin

[Linked Image]

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
My bumper lights blink...i wired them to the blinkers in the headlight...

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by CeliCaRM2001
My bumper lights blink...i wired them to the blinkers in the headlight...

thumbsup thumbsup

https://celicahobby.com/ubbthreads/thread.f_56980_0_collapsed_2__1.html

[Linked Image]