Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#451731 Jul 24, 8:43am
2003 Toyota Celica Gt
2003 Toyota Celica Gt
Hey everyone, I just registered on this site. I have had my 2003 Celica GT for almost a year now and I'm loving this car, always have wanted one and Toyota is by far my favourite manufacturer! Glad to be part of this community and can't wait to get more involved.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask these kind of questions, if not please direct me to the proper place!

I have an aftermarket alarm system in the car that was installed by the previous owner. The alarm itself is fine but it does a few annoying things that I'm hoping i can change.

First off, when I open my doors or turn on my car or even if I'm sitting in my car when it's off and I move something the lights will blink and make a ticking sound with it. If I turn off the car and lock up the lights do the same thing. This flashing lasts about 30 seconds or more.

Another thing is, if I start driving the car, sometimes the lights will randomly start doing the blinking and ticking while I drive and it's annoying as hell. If I turn my lights on while this is happening then they stop flashing but I can still hear the blinking. It will eventually stop after 30 seconds or so an only happens a few times.

I am pretty sure I have located the box for the alarm under my dash on the drivers side, it's just floating in there, I might need to take a panel off to pull it out.

I just want to either
A) figure out a way to keep the car alarm but just disable the flashing
B) remove the alarm if there is no way to stop the flashing but I will keep a dummy light in

Anyone here able to help me solve this issue? It's driving me nuts and people ALWAYS comment "you know your lights are flashing, right?" (Obviously I know lol) Or "why does it do that?". I just want to be able to sit in my car and not have my lights flash every time I breathe lol. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Last edited by MrJenkips; Jul 24, 2017 8:45am. Reason: Spelling errors, added text

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

The alarm controller is about the size of a cigarette box, usually hangs under the dash near driver's right knee, It has wires spliced into a battery power and negative wires.

It's likely that some wires got loose and reset the controller intermittently.

Unplug the controller, check and make sure all wires and connectors' terminals are intact, not damaged and connectors mate up securely.