Hello everyone!

I just made an account today and am out looking to buying a Toyota Celica. I have so many questions and I am very new to buying a Celica. I've always wanted to a Celica but never had to proper job to get a car on my own. My mother has a spinal injury which is forcing her to retire early and unable to work and her car is currently unable to run anymore after so many repairs (Probably over 6k - 8k total repairs) and to top it off, we're being force to move out of the apartment. I thought I just want to tell you guys who I am and where I'm coming from and I'm hoping to find very useful and helpful information here that others will avoid telling me and etc.

My name is Jimmy and I'm in the armed forces for over 6 years and continuing. I work as a Chemical Engineer and I love to play games when I can but I workout, repair computers, build computers, and do other fun stuff with friends and family on weekends. I'm also 23 years old.

My questions are really unorganized and still scattered but I need to start asking and listing them. More will probably come and I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read and answer my basic questions as I am new in the industry and want to own my very own celica and make it the best it can possibly be.

These questions are based from me buying a celica that will last me a very long time, is fast and reliable. I'm not a racer, I'm more of a person who makes the car look very nice and looks fast but will generally be a safe driver and race very occasionally to show the car isn't just for show.

Questions:
What should I look for when buying a used Toyota Celica?
What year should I be looking at? (2000-2005)
Does Manaul and Automatic make a huge difference in performance? (I can't drive a stick but heard it's easy to learn on a celica, is it true?)
What is a big fat NO when buying a used Toyota Celica?
How should I start off when looking for a Toyota Celica?
What is a good price range for a Toyota Celica?
What is absolutely the most miles a Toyota Celica should have (considering it's stock engine/transmission)?
Engine light on bad?
If so, what is consider bad that will help me make the car cheaper or to walk away immediately?
How long does the engine last before changing a new one?