I just happen to stumble upon a 1996 celica gtfour RHD with 150,000km just imported last year. Buddy wants 7 grand for it.

Now i know alot about the 7th gens (own 3, rebuilt 2) but the 7th gen is the only car ive ever had. So i know nothing of an all wheel drive..or even different engines.

My issue is i cant go look at the car. From the pics it looks immaculate. He says it has a misfire wich he is positive is just the plugs. Said he changed the plugs and a week later it started misfiring. The car comess with new plugs and wires ( uninstalled) and he says the tie rods are bad. The car also cones with new tie rods (uninstalled) he said he parked it in his garage because of this and hasnt used it in 2 years other than periodically starting it up.

So should i be worried? Because from my knowledge a simple plug and wire change and tie rod replacement/wheel alignment arent that big of a deal... so why hasnt this rich guy done it already when he says he loves the car. Maybe im just being skeptical but ive never bought a car without going over it myself before.

I really want this car. But i dont want to waste my money on a lemon.

Last edited by Paleryx; Feb 17, 2017 10:33am.