Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
TL;DR : Re-paint the Celica the stock Liquid Silver or re-color to black or a unique color?

More: I have a mostly stock '00 GT-S that needs a fresh coat of paint. Right now it is the Liquid Silver stock color with a touch of peeling clear coat in several spots. Anyways, I am asking for some suggestions. I am leaning towards re-coloring the car black, as it is my favorite color on any vehicle, or possibly painting it some random color that isn't stock for the sake of being unique (Maybe midnight purple? Neon Orange? Who knows.)

However I hear that the cost for that is going to be astronomically higher than an already high priced paint job, unless I just get the exterior done and leave the door jams, engine bay and the rest untouched.

Any opinions on this? Just do a repaint of the stock color or do a re-color?

This will be a little down the road as I just purchased the car on Friday May 6th and have already spent about $1300 on parts related to the performance of the car, however it will be happening for sure at some point. I'm focusing on performance currently, but do want to get a body kit and paint on it within the next year.

Also open to body kit suggestions! I am leaning towards the TRD body kit for the aggresive look and affordability, but have liked a few of the combinations I have seen.

In regards to body kits, sorry I can't help you...but about paint, I am in the same boat and here is what my local affordable shop told me. OEm color match is $3k, full color change is $5-$6k, because you want the engine and door jambs to match honestly. So when I think about it like that...it is worth dumping the extra bones into go fast parts.

Also, where I love black as well, it really is the biggest pain to keep clean. You could go for like a graphite grey and get away with leaving the door jambs/engine bay stock...possibly.