Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

So i'm having this very odd issue with my 2000 GTS, When i turn the car on, the throttle is completely wide open, Nothing stops it, it goes straight to 7000 rpm, no matter what, The weird part is, i don't even have to touch the gas pedal, it stays stationary(neutral, not pressed in) but the Car still revs like the pedal is being floored,

Example, i push in the clutch, put the car in neutral,Turn the key,keep my foot away from the gas pedal, And the car instantly starts to rev to 7000.
Here is another weird issue, if i turn it on, then turn it off, let go of the clutch, and turn the key to battery, the car still revs up, even though the key is turned to battery.

It's like the pedal is no longer connected, but i checked the throttle cable wire, and it pulls as i push it in. so the throttle cable has not snapped (I guess!) i'm so blind to what this is or what to do about it...

I have no clue whats going on, So i need some serious insight..Please help.

2005 toyota gt
2005 toyota gt
are there any code? Have you cleaned the throttle body? has the car been sitting for a while (if it has the idle air control valve might be going)? do you have any water damage (the computer could be fried)? Have you reset the computer?

hey there, im having a similar problem with a 2001 VVTLI, i had the radiator changed a few weeks ago and the car was lying without water in it for a week or so. i drove it about 20 meters into a shed to fit the new rad and when i was done and filled with coolant i turned on the key and it reved straight up to 4000rpm i cannot figure out what the issue is or if it has anything to do with changing the rad or not.

If i rev up to higher revs it will stay at that until i get out and wind the valve on the throttle body back down to 4000rpm but it get firm at that and wont let it go below 4000.
do the throttle bodys themselves give trouble or is this more likley an ecu problem? any help greatly apriciated!