Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
DeanRoss8
DeanRoss8 Jan 12, 12:57pm - #450961 

Los Angeles, CA, USA
2003-2004 Celica GT Upholstery Options?

I am interested in purchasing a 2003-2004 Celica GT (not GT-S) and am confused about the the factory upholstery options concerning the colors and fabrics available on these years. I really want the black leather seating. I have searched all over the internet for vehicle specifications and options for countless hours and find conflicting results. Some say it is an option, others say it's not an option on the GT and is only available on the GT-S as an option. I have also seen that leather was an option on the 2000-2004 GT, but on the 2005 model year, it was only available on the GT-S. I think I have seen leather on the GT but am not positive, is it available or not? Also, if it is not available, then the choices would be between cloth fabrics. I see the color choices are between black/silver, black/red and black/black. I don't particularly like black/silver or black/red and would go with black/black. From what I am seeing and am not sure, black/black is only available on the Zephyr Blue and Solar Yellow colored vehicles. In other words, if I got a Super White or Silver Streak Mica colored vehicle, I would be forced to have the black/silver fabric and black/black is not a choice. I really seriously do want the leather interior and know it is available on the GT in the 2000-2002 model years. But, I have done alot of research and am aware of the defective engine design (pistons/ring sizes) and excessive oil consumption that was corrected in 2003, so will not consider those years. Can someone please help me out with the facts? Thanks for your assistance. Sincerely, Dean Ross
Spare
Spare Jan 15, 11:05am - #450966 
2000 Toyota Celica GT-->GTS

SC
Well finding a Celica for the right price to have exactly what you want may be more difficult than you think. I would recommend finding a nice clean low mileage GT that you like, then simply buy some aftermarket seats of the color you want. Most GT interiors from my experience are the black and gray. I'll let you know however, finding good conditioned original seats for a Celica is NOT easy. Good Luck!