Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota ; 97 Mitsubis Celica
OK I wanna know where can I get that extra 100hp like most Turbo kits out there that gives it, so should I go EIP tuning, or XS Turbo system, or custom

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Either way. Custom will be more expensive though. I do not know the prices of the others. You should know if that is what you are doing...homework boy. Get to work. hehe. thumbsup

Dan

LOL yeah, but I mean I know but like how would I go about a custom tho, would I have to know what psi level to get that extra 100hp? and by the pieces speately

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
Originally Posted by Kenred
LOL yeah, but I mean I know but like how would I go about a custom tho, would I have to know what psi level to get that extra 100hp? and by the pieces speately

You would need to know how much psi you could boost. But if you go custom, I say go all out. Pistons, rods, valvetrain, etc. It will be a lot more work than just buying one of those kits. If you get one of those kits, you can still upgrade your internals and get a really good boost. I odn't know how to go about doing a custom turbo, and if you don't either, then I do not recommend it. Unless you have a good relationship with a relable shop that knows how to do it. Otherwise, buy a kit and go from there. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

ahh ok, what kits do you recommend for that extra 100...rather do you have a instant messenger we can talk on?

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ahh ok, what kits do you recommend for that extra 100...rather do you have a instant messenger we can talk on?

I'm DJR280.

But as for those kits I am not too sure which is better. If you check on NC.org in their forced induction forum, I'm sure there is some info in there about them. You can hit me up if you have any other questions also, or just BS around. Peaceout.

Dan

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Were you at the Hooters meet on Aug 9th? There was a custom turbo in a GTS. The driver claimed around 235 whp out of 5 psi. I know his name is Cody. The car belonged to rich girl that didn't even show for the meet. That kinda' shit pisses me off. Anyway, she (her parents) got it done at Battleground Engineering. I've never been so please don't ask me anything about them. This is all I know. Supposedly, ask for Dan... 404 881 4331.

I live in Woodstock (Cherokee County). Where are you located and are you still in high school (lots of kids on here)? I go to KSU. Peace.
--Rob

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
yeah and it was for sale. i think she wanted around 21-22K for it spineyes

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
Kenred...u definitely need to do some homework if ur interested thumbsup

Originally Posted by supra_celica
Were you at the Hooters meet on Aug 9th? There was a custom turbo in a GTS. The driver claimed around 235 whp out of 5 psi. I know his name is Cody. The car belonged to rich girl that didn't even show for the meet. That kinda' shit pisses me off. Anyway, she (her parents) got it done at Battleground Engineering. I've never been so please don't ask me anything about them. This is all I know. Supposedly, ask for Dan... 404 881 4331.

I live in Woodstock (Cherokee County). Where are you located and are you still in high school (lots of kids on here)? I go to KSU. Peace.
--Rob

I Live in Douglasville, maybe 45 mins away from woodstock, but um, I've been doin my hw on the Turbo, the ones I keep finding are, XS-Engineering, EIP tuning but they dont have the stats I'm lookin for in a Turbo, I mean I know it depends on my mods and all. like I/E/H/ and Tuning the engine, but on the mods I dont know how much hp gain I get ya see what I'm sayin like heres a list

Intake
Trial Header
Exuhast I think 10hp
SS pulleys 6- 12hp I think
boring out the engine
Turbo and what level psi to get an extra 100hp

and If I'm missing anything let me know, but I know I cant get that car to 400hp without sending it off and worrying about if the car is 400hp ya know, so maybe if I can get it a 302hp I'll shut up about it. I was also thinking why cant I use the headers for the engine that I put on there instead of the Turbo headers but thats just my Stupid thoughts dont mind thos. And I go to West Central Tech in Douglasville, I graduated high school in 2002

Last edited by Kenred; Sep 16, 2003 9:54am.

ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
ECelica Staff
2004 GMC Canyon Z-71
Ummmm...man you need to do ALOT of homework before you start this...First of all you can't use headers for a turbo...thats the big thing on a turbo is the custom manifold thumbsup Also you aren't gonna get that kind of HP out of an exhaust and Pulleys. thumbsdown

I know that... thats why I asked what all is there else for me to do

Check EIP Tunning and read about the turbo GTS they built. The stage 3 produced somewhere around 320 rwhp. Thats right around 368 ghp and add in a average weight factor say erm... 2,600 lbs for car's curb weight after mods... add the 320 rwhp and that should come out to be around an 11.70 1/4 mile et under perfect conditions. Be sure to do some more research before just jumping into a turbo application. I've owned a twin turbo rx-7 personally and a friend of mine just dumped enough money to pay for another car into his 97 eclipse gs-t. Getting the turbo is easy... Tunning and getting the car to run consistently without problems is the harder much more expensive part. Also I would have to pick the EIP turbo kit over any of the other ones.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica GTS
get the apex'i power fc that is pre programmed for the GTS and have XS engineering tune it because they're a power excel shop. If you're going to do all that, just get the xs turbo.

Originally Posted by TheTurboCelica
Check EIP Tunning and read about the turbo GTS they built. The stage 3 produced somewhere around 320 rwhp. Thats right around 368 ghp and add in a average weight factor say erm... 2,600 lbs for car's curb weight after mods... add the 320 rwhp and that should come out to be around an 11.70 1/4 mile et under perfect conditions. Be sure to do some more research before just jumping into a turbo application. I've owned a twin turbo rx-7 personally and a friend of mine just dumped enough money to pay for another car into his 97 eclipse gs-t. Getting the turbo is easy... Tunning and getting the car to run consistently without problems is the harder much more expensive part. Also I would have to pick the EIP turbo kit over any of the other ones.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
also with turbo look into nitrous not for the engine but for ur intercooler sprays into/onto the intercooler to cool it down what 220someodd celcius or so which if done right can give you 30+hp gain plus you don't have to worry bout anything happening due to that the n2o will travel thru the pipin then thru the turbo and by the time it goes thru this there nothing left of it gone and so are you with that extra boost!

Is that safe shootin NOS through the Intercooler?

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
[Linked Image from newcelica.org]
Stock GTS's put down around 165 WHP. This dyno is of a Celica with XS turbo, ported throttle body, and greddy exhaust. It is making almost exactly 100 HP more than stock, which is what your goal is. You can get the complete XS turbo kit for $4500 from http://www.i-m-racing.com/xsenturkitce.html . Just FYI, the XS turbo kit comes with an Apexi Power FC that is pre tuned for a GTS to run with their system. The XS turbo is pushing 7psi of boost.

Just one thing to consider - 100HP over stock sounds like fun, but in reality your car probably won't be nearly as much faster as you think it will be due to FWD traction problems. Instead of trying to achieve an impressive peak level of widely unusable power, you could try to achive a nice broad power band with a belt driven super charger instead. Blitz has a great supercharger out for our cars. Don't get me wrong, a turbo Celica would be awsome and there is nothing wrong with their set up if you decide to go with the XS kit. The only reason I mention the Blitz supercharger is because if I were putting forced induction on my car, I would personally choose a huge usable and predictable power band instead of high peak power. I just want people to know all the options that are available to them. wink

Just check out this dyno from a Blitz super charged Celica! This Celica is running a Blitz super charger that has been custom tuned with an Apexi Power FC, Trial header, and Trial exhaust. Look at how much instant power you get with the super charger as opposed to the turbo. This car is making more horse power at 2,200 RPM than a stock GTS is making at redline! Just try to imagine that level of instant power for a moment...most impressive, isn't it? thumbsup

[Linked Image from newcelica.org]

Last edited by chameleon; Sep 16, 2003 7:32pm.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
damn...that blitz supercharger is pretty sweet...
it's too much damn money though. frown

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
I know, I wish I could get it but I just don't have enough money. cry

I had to go with nitrous instead. It's not nearly the same thing, but it is what was in the budget, you know?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
actually the turbo would be better. as the engine spools up, and speeds increase, so does the drag. so if you drive the car for top end then the turbo would be better, while not overpowering the tires, as you claim of the turbo, the supercharger will have more an effect. now for high rpm launches, yes it will "torque steer" more, but if you look the turbo makes 30-45 hp more peak. and a powerband of 3k rpm is pretty broad for a car that redlines at 8k. think about the stock gts, the lift does not come on til 5500 right, and redline is at 8k? lookie there 2,500 rpm, which is actually smaller than the turbo

10.7157 @ 131.31 on my bike

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Is that safe shootin NOS through the Intercooler?
tons more safer for the engine and is a great added boost!

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
ssgsky - I think that it's all a matter of personal preference, you can't really say that one form of forced induction is better than the other. I totally agree that the turbo would be sweet in a Celica, but I think that I personally would enjoy driving a car boosted with the Blitz a lot more because it creates more of what I call, "useable" power. When I say useable power, I mean power I feel and use every time I accelerate from a stop, get on the highway, or pass a car. The turbo creates a lot more power than the super charger at high RPM's, so it is probably a better choice for the frequent street racer type. I know that I personally spend 99% of my time behind the wheel below 5,000 RPM and probably less than 1% in lift.

Kenred - It is definately safe to shoot NO2 through the intercooler. NX even makes a kit for it, check it out!

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm