Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#450244 Sep 11, 1:32pm
2000 Toyota Celica vvti 140
Hi, so ive booked my 2000 vvt-i in to get Plastidipped! Ive tried to read up a bit on it first, but anyone with any hands on experiance of this?

My interior trims all blue..

So i was thinking a all white and blue indents exterior,
Maybe black and blue, or go all out with a bright orange !

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Hey man what specific questions do you have about plastidip?

Just seems the first time ive head if it? Because isnt it technically a wrap but not a vinyl? But you spray it on?
Does it damage your original paintwork?
What about durability? Does it last a certain amount of time?
also what about cleaning wise, could you get a proper detailing done on it? Or is it just a case of wiping clean? Just a bit new to me this stuff?

All helps appreciated 😂

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
It doesn't damage your paint and it's easy to take off if done RIGHT. As a matter of fact my celica rims are dipped and I did them myself they've been done for about 6 months still good and you could do some detailing with the dip if you get creative such as stripes and wages just got to master it. And on durability it all depends on the coating and the beating on it(conditions).

Originally Posted by Oggy1690
Just seems the first time ive head if it? Because isnt it technically a wrap but not a vinyl? But you spray it on?
Does it damage your original paintwork?
What about durability? Does it last a certain amount of time?
also what about cleaning wise, could you get a proper detailing done on it? Or is it just a case of wiping clean? Just a bit new to me this stuff?

All helps appreciated 😂

It is basically a sprayable thin rubber coating. It was originally developed to dip your tool handles in. I take it you aren't doing it yourself, but to anyone who does, you still need to clean the area with a wax and grease remover just like you would with real paint. The plastidip is actually more apt to solvent pop and fish-eyes. Anyway, if done correctly, a.k.a. well prepped (cleaned) and multiple coats, it will last a while, but it is far from permanent. Rubbing against it hard enough will start to break it's adhesion and it will eventually peel. It will not damage your paint underneath, but as for detailing, your best bet is to just rinse it as often as possible, because any rubbing from wiping or a brush will start to break it's adhesion. Luckily it is easy to peel off and redo panels. smile

2005 toyota gt
2005 toyota gt
just a fair warning i live in Florida and the salt in the air dose a number on painted plastic pieces and if the paint is in bad shape the plasti dip can remove it. i've mainly on;y seen it on wheel caps and poorly prepped repair work. when i did my rims i used an entire spray can per wheel and they where tanks nothing damaged them but the dip i did on my hood scoop i had to replace about every 6 months.