Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2001 toyota Celica GT
2001 toyota Celica GT
hey so i'm new around here, got a 2001 celica gt a few months aggo, and i have a few questions about the engine and performance. first of all, im wondering what VVT-i is, i've searched online but i can never really understand how everything works. and also, im wondering if you had $1500 to spend all on your car, what performance upgrades would you put on in order to maximize hp? it would be cool to get a few answers idunno

thanks guys cheers
p.s: didn't know if this was the correct section to post this in apologies if its in the wrong area

Yeah I'm having problems with posts and no responce but views as well.also bought a celica gt a couple months ago.most likely they will say turbo and if that's the power you want to not mod with parts cause most will not be used in that setup. There is a post here that talks about the upgrades I don't know the link but it has 1 reply and that's the link. Hope this helps

2000 Toyota gt modified
2000 Toyota gt modified
Ok so what ive figured out about the celicas mainly the gt is that your not going to get much power from bolt on parts. You cant just go get a intake and slap it on the 1zz-fe and expect power. The only people really trying to fix up the 1zz-fe in a professional sense is MWR (MonkeyWrenchRacing) which they have stroker kits and also swaps to do with the celica. With saying all that, you can put aftermarket intake and exhaust and make it sound mean but good luck trying to squeeze power out of it. For $1500 id say try to find a gts 2zz-fe and swap or they are doing honda k series swaps in them now also.

Good Luck,
Arc.