Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Drewbacca
Drewbacca Jul 13, 2:29am - #449449 

England
Performance Issues

Hi Guys, Hope you can help.

Recently, when I start my Celica VVTi cold in the mornings, everything is great. The engine runs and idles well, acceleration is good, engine sounds good (:D) and the power steering is very light.

However, the longer I drive (I drive approx 45-55 mins to work) the worse the performance gets. The power steering gets heavy, the acceleration is poor and the engine begins to idle at 200rpm when stopped.

What the heck could be causing this? Ive cleaned the throttle body, have new tires and the car was serviced in may 2013 (oil change etc)

I love my Celica but im running out of ideas and am thinking of getting rid. Is there anything else I can try?

Please help!

7ur7le
7ur7le Jul 17, 10:49am - #449460 
2002 Blue Toyota Celica GTS
2002 Toyota Celica GTS

Seattle-Pullman
Does the temperature go higher then normal??
Drewbacca
Drewbacca Jul 18, 2:47am - #449461 

England
The temp gauge is set to the normal level on the digital readout. However, the cabin does sometimes feel warm towards the bulkhead. Maybe a maf sensor clean would be helpful?
02gtowner
02gtowner Sep 3, 10:03pm - #449567 

USA
Sounds like a clogged catalytic convertor or bad O2 sensor. Any codes?