Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
I've heard different people say different things about water damage. have any of you had personal experiences? would you advise getting a bypass valve? ive heard they tend to break up and get lodged in the throttle body.

Last edited by trikdcelica; Mar 20, 2005 9:46pm.

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
i know some members on here have had hydrolock problems before.. some knew how to handle it and some didnt finish taking care of the problem which led to a BIGGER problem.. i have a sri.. but i also have a cai sitting in my room. i ordered the bypass valve, but from what i hear here.. it doesn't really do anything but lose hp.. something about the piping not being good enough for it to work effectively. i don't know about the breaking up part.. maybe someone here knows about it?

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica
CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica
Hey buddy, I ahve SRI as well but i have read a fare share about this topic. and if you use the search you will find a billiopn threads regaurding this. prettymuch with how most of oyur CAI are set up i hear that a bypass will nto work. Something with the design. You best bet is to get a TRP intake which goes form CAI to SRI so when it rains jsut take off the lower half. Now really you do not need ot worry much becsaue unless you drive through a very large puddle you will be fine. Just watch what you drive it. If you are very concerend jsut get a SRI. Your going to loose liek 2 of the 5 possible HP you "could" possibly get with a CAI so really its not a big deal. But liek i said, if ur worried get a SRI and you will be fine. If ur a careful driver get CAI. if you ahve questiions feel free to pm me thumbsup

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
I bought a used AEM cai from Ebay last year, installed it, Washed my car, spent 8ish minutes hitting the driver's side headlight and bumper to see if anything will happen. I started up the car it stalled and died, waited 5 minutes and to this day, everything was works fine. I drove in heavy rain and hit a big puddle (not being stupid this time. No legal way around it.) put my foot off the gas and nothing happened. You should be fine. I don't think you'll need a bypass assuming it worked.