Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to install some taillights that i have bought for my 2000 Celica gts. I've followed a couple youtube videos and tutorials on how to remove them, but the i can't seem to get them out of the socket. I disconnect all the right screws and bolts, and they seem loose, but they just won't come out. Does anyone know a technique to doing it?

I'm also trying to put some window tint on my car, and i was wondering what the legal amount was in New York. I've tried a couple resources but they weren't very clear. Depending on the window tint that can be applied, whats the best place to buy pre-cut ones from?

To anyone who responds, thank you!

-Richard

Not sure about the window tint legalities, my experience is your better off just going pro. If you mess it up its horrible to remove, and more than likely you'll end up with bubbles.

I just put some new tails on my GT of the same year. Actually had to do it twice since I forgot to put in the weather stripping.

If the GT's interior is the same as the GTS' you'll first have to remove the panel closest to the rear of the car, its where your hatch locks down.

There are 2 10mm bolts on the bottom of the panel that have your tie strap anchor things on it. There are a couple of plastic pops that come off after that.

After that panel is off the next one is the tray behind the back seats, I don't think there are any screws on there but someone had been in my car before so there may have been a couple of screws missing, mine just popped off.

After that you have to remove the 2 side panels on either side of your trunk area. The one on the right has the little light so make sure you unplug the little lamp cord.

FINALLY, after you remove all of that you will see a 3rd bolt that holds your tail light on, in total there are 3. They are all 10mm as well. Pull them all off and slip out your tail light. It's actually much easier than it sounds but it will take 30 minutes to an hour to complete. Don't forget your weather stripping! haha

Do it in reverse, and re-install your interior.

Good Luck! If you have any more questions just ask. My biggest issue was missing that last bolt that was hidden away.