Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Whats up Celica owners, i wanted to paint my engine plastics over the weekend I was checking out some of the forums on how to paint the covers, but they really didn't help much cry can anyone post what types of paint im going to need and some steps I should follow before I get started. Help will be very appreciated smile

A GT Can Still Be Sexy

I dont have any enginene plasctics but I do body work and paint cars inside and out. a good way to do it is take them off get some grey scuff pads...a finer scuff pad and scuff all over every inch were they look dull and get some adheasive promotor. Spray a very very very light coat of it on it let that sit on there for a min or so and paint. Do it while its still sorta stickey so the paint is held on there. U can use plastic spray paint that you can get from autozone but they don't have very many colors or use normal spray paint. When you paint it go side to side and over lap each strip, spray by overlapping each strip 50% and do light coats. It should take about three even coats of doing this it should look great. And do one constant spray each strip. Go all the way to each end or you can lay newspaper down and start one constancy spray on the newspaper and end the strip on the newspaper. If you have anymore questions pm me.

Remember light coats or you will run ur paint but if you do you can pm me and ill tell ya how to get rid of them the right way.