Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
I bought PIAA xtreme white fog light bulbs for the foglights on my GTS. I was wondering how to install them cause they are this special small bulb if any of you are familiar with them. They have some wire with this metal thing on the end. But I want to see how to install them so I can tell the mechanic's at Toyota how to do it, if they already don't know. Any one know??

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

changing your foglight bulbs is a really simple task.. just remove the bumper and then you can access the back of the fog lamps. unscrew the cap and replace the bulb...u don't need to have the dealership do it for u.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Wow thanks thumbsup
How do I get the front bumper off? I don't want to screw anything up? Im gettin the Blitz front bumper for it, you think I should just wait till then, so I can do everything all at once? but anyway yea, i wanna know how that thing comes off?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If it is your first time then it could take a while. You have to remove everything attached to the bottom of the front bumper first.(I would just remove the plastick sheild completely to do the job you want and leave it off till you get the new bumper)With the plastick sheild gone then you need a 10mm wrench to take off the top screws out. Then you will have a clear shot at the fog lights. It may seem like a lot but you get faster, I promise. I can take my bumper off like a NASCAR pit crew now! A lot of guys including me do not put the under sheild back on. Thats fine but what ever you do, leave your splash gaurds on or you wii be cursed with skweeky doors...wish someone had told me that. frown

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
How do you get the plastic guard off under the bumper? So if i get the plastic cover off, I can't just squeeze in there to put the other bulbs in without taking the whole bumper off? or do i have to?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
To get the plastick cover off you need to undo a bunch of snaps with a flat-head screwdriver and remove some screws with either a screwdriver or 10mm wrench. It sould all come off in two pieces (driver and passenger side). With the covers off you should have a good shot at the fog lamps back side. Disconnect the wire clip and unbolt the two screws with the 10mm wrench to remove the fog light housing from the chasis. Then you should have no problem switching out the light bulbs. The bumper does not have to come off unless you are beefy and unflexible. Since you never took the plastick cover off from under the car I would wait until you have a lot of time to try this. You will kick youself when you see how easy this really is. No fear is the "name of the game" with moding. Good luck and just ask if you have any more questions about this. thumbsup

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Thanks, I just took the bumper off, it wasn't too hard. Lining up the crap on the bottom was a little annoying and those white clips holding it were gay. Thanks anyways.