Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
gtsleeper
gtsleeper Sep 14, 5:47am - #44604 

maf sensor

hey guys can somebody tell where is the MAF sensor located in a gts and how to clean it? thanks
F..havoc
F..havoc Sep 14, 2:22pm - #44605 

East Stroudsburg
Dude,

Mass Air Flow Sensor is located right after the air box. I am guessing you have the original unit and no CAI?

Its the unit that looks like a small black plug with an electrical connector attached to it.

Take off the car by unpluging the connector and the two screws.

Remove it carefully, you should see like a small venturi (plastic tunnel) inside is an electrical heated filament (like a light bulb filament). that is what needs to be cleaned...

Use an electric contact cleaner, and nothing else. You can get it a radio Shack or even Wallyworld.

It does get dirty and give you an engine light error.

Becarefull and dont fuck it up, it cost over $400 to replace.

Enjoy
gtsleeper
gtsleeper Sep 15, 6:36am - #44606 

thanks man for answering my question and sorry for not mentioning that I have a CAI. thumbsup if any body has pics that wouls help a lot.
shox
shox Sep 15, 11:28pm - #44607 

2003 Toyota Celica GT

Calgary, Alberta
Originally Posted by gtsleeper
thanks man for answering my question and sorry for not mentioning that I have a CAI. thumbsup if any body has pics that wouls help a lot.

if you have a CAI...you're MAF should still be screwed onto it. correct me if i'm wrong here?!?!

Linked Image

what that arrow is pointing to is ur MAF. again, correct me if i'm wrong here