Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
Hi, I am new to this site and I need some serious help. I just received a pair of orginal factory Fog Lights for my Celica, but the problem is I don't know just how to hook them up. I have a plug hanging down from my park lights on each side of the car. But when I tried to connect those plugs to my Fog Lights nothing happen. So I trying to find out what I am doing wrong or is there something else I need. I was thinking when I brought them that I could just plug them in the the plugs that hanging down but that's just not working. Please someone, I need HELP.I just found out that it is not the bulbs. I hook 2 wires to the Fog Lights 1 to the neg. and 1 to the pos. and then I connect they wires to the neg and pos on the battery and the lights came on. I tested both of them so I know the lights do works now. Just trying to figure out why there is no power going to the plugs that I have hanging from my park lights/signal lights. I just don't understand. I am open for anysuggesting. confused cry
1953576772-Celica Fog Light(1992).jpg

1991 Toyota Celica
1991 Toyota Celica
check the switch.?

do you happen to have the foglight relay that goes in passenger kick panel?

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
Concerning the switch I found out that I only have a dummy switch cause I pryed it out and there is nothing hooked to it so I guess that is where the real switch would go, now my question is if I am able to find a switch what would it hook to under the hood regarding the fog lights working. And as for the Foglight Relay I checked that panel and in the place showing is a yellow plug down inside of it, I am not sure whether that yellow plug is the relay or is that something that suppose to come out and then put a relay in it. Evilcel, Maybe you can help me on that matter. And by not having a switch could that be the reason that my plugs that is hanging down from the parking lights are not working?...Please keep helpimg any suggesting or ideas would be greatly appreciated. cry Oh yea, Nice Celica, 9StreeGhost0! thumbsup

1991 Toyota Celica
1991 Toyota Celica
BabyD for the switch...i sounds as if sumone before you, unhooked the switch and sold the fogs...(their kinda expensive) but if you dig around behind the dash you should find a plug that will go into the back of your switch...check it out

hmm, i dont think mine is yellow, cant remember, ill look tomorrow. You have a dummy switch? you mean jus the clip that fills in the whole? If its an actual switch and has the foglight symbol on it, then dig around, there are wires back there. I had to take off the panel below my steering wheel to find mine. If you dont have an actual switch, i actually have an extra one. I can plug it in and make sure it still works, but Id sell for 15 shipped.

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
kissHey Evilcel and 9StreetGhost0 It is a dummy switch it no have the symbol on it it just a plug for the hole where the switch goes. See I don't think the car even had the fog lights it does have the push grilles in the front where the Fog Lights goes.and it also have the plug wire hanging doen on each side. As far as the Switch that you have Evilcel, does it have the wires to go with it.and exactly where would the wire go or plug into. cry Hey Evil, I also check again and that what I can make of it is a yellow plug seated down in there and like i said I just don't know if that is the relay or just a fake plug in the hole confused

1991 Toyota Celica
1991 Toyota Celica
just buy a switch and wire up your own wires to the fogs, you dont really need a relay unless its factory...i painted my switch wwhite or else i would have sold mine already...

As far as I know, you dont need any wires for the factory set up. All 5th gens, even STs are prewired for fogs, all you need are the lights, relay and switch. Just have to find the wires that the factory taped up. Like street ghost said, you can just wire it up yourself without the relay. The relay goes for like 30 at the the dealership, i pulled mine out of a gts at a local junkyard, so i got mine free smile

1992 Toyota Celica
1992 Toyota Celica
Hi, smile About the relay Could one of you please send me a picture of what the relay plug look like? Please...Someone else mention to me that the car should have came prewired for the lights. I believe that too cause of the plugs hanging from the park lights/corner. I guess I just got to figure it all out but I need to know if I already have that relay attached again Please send me a pic of it. I really thank you 2 for all your help. cool

1991 Toyota Celica
1991 Toyota Celica
well i dunno if i still have the relay but if i do i can sell you it for cheap since i took out my fogs...get me a pic of it and location and ill see if its still there... thumbsup

http://celicaclub.tripod.com/foglights.html

check this site out, on step 1 is a pic of the fog relay.

I have an AT180 ST (92) Mine has connectors Wired in. Just take off the plastic covers and Install the lights connecting the wires. BUT there is a switch placement On the driverside dash near the intrument brightness knob The GTs and GT-S have a switch so you may need to wire it through the switch or get one to put in somewhere accessable. Thats just my 2 cents

What sensible person doesnt pocket fuses at the junkyard xD