Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hey guys i was just wondering how low does the veilside sit compare to the stock bumper and also how much longer does the veilside bumper elongate the car in the front. someone was telling me that the veilside bumper is a lot longer than the stock bumper, meaning it sticks out a lot and you r going to mess it up if you go over drive ways and it's gonna crack when you drive it in the snow. i think he said that the vs front bumper is about foot and a half longer than the stock bumper. please clarify this for me. thnx

edit: i also wanted to know that if the front bumper is longer than the stock one than how do the bottom engine protective covering bolts or gets connected to the bumper? is the bottom of the veilside elongated towards the inside as well for like a stock fit of the bottoms engine plastic parts? do you guys understand wut i'm asking? also it'll be great if i can get pics of underneath the front bumper just so i know wut it looks like, visually. thnx

Last edited by slik_gts; Sep 11, 2003 3:25pm.

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
Veilside sits pretty low, I'm dropped about 1.5" and I have about 1.5"-2" of ground clearence. It sticks out probably an inch or two more. If it's snowing where you live I'd recommend you take it off and put your stock one back one, not only because of the height, but that it's fiberglass which is weaker then urathane (stuff stock bumper is made out of)

More then likly you're going to have to throw out your underbody plastics and wheelwells unless you fabricate something to hold onto the plastics. Alot of aftermarket bumpers don't have the holes the stock and TRD bumper have.

ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Staff
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by SexyCelica
Veilside sits pretty low, I'm dropped about 1.5" and I have about 1.5"-2" of ground clearence. It sticks out probably an inch or two more. If it's snowing where you live I'd recommend you take it off and put your stock one back one, not only because of the height, but that it's fiberglass which is weaker then urathane (stuff stock bumper is made out of)

More then likly you're going to have to throw out your underbody plastics and wheelwells unless you fabricate something to hold onto the plastics. Alot of aftermarket bumpers don't have the holes the stock and TRD bumper have.

thumbsup

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
everything he said above is what i'd have to day thumbsup

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
Post Whoring May Result In
Premature Brain Retardation

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
ok well that's great to know and thnx for the info, but i was wondering how much lower does the veilside sit compared to the stock front bumper, and i will not lower my car nor is it already lowered. in other words how much clearance will i have off the ground for the front. thnx

Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
What part of MI you from?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
too far from u. i live in a suburb of detroit, called trenton. r you familiar w/ it?

Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
Playboy
2001 Acura Integra
Heard of it. Never been there.

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
I believe it's 2-3" now that I think of it, I'll double check tomorrow. I have no problems with speedbumps, but I already have two cracks from steep driveways. I'll be getting a WW lip for my next celica so I won't have to worry about that grin

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
so for most body kits you hafta take out ur wheel well and underbody plastic? is that what ur saying?

if so, do you have a pic of ur wheel well without the plastic? does it affect anything by taking out the plastic and wheel well, i mean like will water affect anything at all?

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
[Linked Image from cars.celicar.com]

Torn plastics that whole space is empty now

Much bigger then my TRD bumper

Notice how the bumper has no holes in it, everything has to be drilled

You'll get decresed power and lower gas milage from not having the underbody plastics, but it's not that big of a loss.

Last edited by SexyCelica; Sep 12, 2003 7:11am.

ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica
And if you have CAI, that is definitely not a good thing.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Well that kind of upsets me a little. I really want the wells covered up since any little bit of water on my engine causes my belt to squeak and now that I have to remove the plastics underneath I'm not so sure about getting a kit now. I'm thinking about getting a wings west kit. Do you know much about it in regards to having to take out the plastics or is it all pretty much universal for each kit? thanks

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
alright guys thnx for all ur help i guess i'm not going to put the vs front, but i still like the sides and the rear. i saw a pic of vsgts's setup, w/ the blitz front and the rest is vs. i don't like the blitz bumper, would like to put a different bumper w/ the vs setup. so if you guys no of a nice looking front bumper that will sit pretty much even w/ the vs sides and rear, then lemme know. it doest have to be bumper it could be a lip, as well. i think the rmm lip sits even w/ the vs rear and sides. and the rmm lip shouldn't sit too low right and should look good w/ stock gts rims? lemme know wut you think? also wut do you think about the body kit in the below pic. how would that look w/ the stock rims. basically the front is a lip and the sides are replacement and the back has two seperate peices. lemme know ur opinion. thnx for the input and ur time!
162072-Vizage 1.jpg

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
here's the pic of the vizage body kit rear!
162074-Vizage 2.jpg

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
Originally Posted by Bartiks
Well that kind of upsets me a little. I really want the wells covered up since any little bit of water on my engine causes my belt to squeak and now that I have to remove the plastics underneath I'm not so sure about getting a kit now. I'm thinking about getting a wings west kit. Do you know much about it in regards to having to take out the plastics or is it all pretty much universal for each kit? thanks

Wings west is a lip so you can still have your stock plastics, good choice!

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
Originally Posted by slik_gts
alright guys thnx for all ur help i guess i'm not going to put the vs front, but i still like the sides and the rear. i saw a pic of vsgts's setup, w/ the blitz front and the rest is vs. i don't like the blitz bumper, would like to put a different bumper w/ the vs setup. so if you guys no of a nice looking front bumper that will sit pretty much even w/ the vs sides and rear, then lemme know. it doest have to be bumper it could be a lip, as well. i think the rmm lip sits even w/ the vs rear and sides. and the rmm lip shouldn't sit too low right and should look good w/ stock gts rims? lemme know wut you think? also wut do you think about the body kit in the below pic. how would that look w/ the stock rims. basically the front is a lip and the sides are replacement and the back has two seperate peices. lemme know ur opinion. thnx for the input and ur time!

Tell ya the truth veilside doesn't look good unless you have 18s or bigger, but whatever floats your boat. I like RMM also, I've seen a celica with veilside sides and rear with an RMM lip and it looks pretty nice. Don't think you can drive around parking lots at 50+mph with the lip though, as long as you drive carefully you'll be ok with any kind of bumper

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
yea i know, but you know you can be as careful as you want but once in a while you just have a mishap. yea but i agree the vs is too much of a hassle for me and i'm a freakin' sophomore at you of m and don't really have time to spend on my car or worry about these little things. that's y i just wanna put a body kit that i don't really have to worry about much w/. esp, because i parallel park my car everywhere on campus, even infront of my apt. so i don't wanna get n e thing that sticks out too much. the above vizage kit is a poly urethene kit and my best freinds brother owns noise and toys, one of the biggest and the most custom car shop in michigan. this place is awesome, and he's getting the kit for me for 300 and painting it for two hundred. so tell me plz, if this is going to look good on my silver car. because see every one has the ww or the trd kit. i just wanna be different. i have about 10 celis around my area, and 4 of them have the action package and the rest are just stock. so i wanna get a different body kit and be noticed. so i thought this body kit looks unique. by getting ur opinion on this body kit, i can get an idea of wut ppl on the streets will think about the kit installed on my car. thnx guys, i know i'm asking too much, but i wanna make an informed decision and not waste my parents' money because they r giving this to me as a b-day present. so thnx, for you time and comments!!!

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
here r the pics for the vizage body kit
162199-Vizage 1.jpg

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
here's the rear pic of the vizage body kit? so should i go ahead w/ this?
162202-Vizage 2.jpg

2001 Honda Civic DX
2001 Honda Civic DX
Looks nice, I never heard of it before, link?

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
vizage.com

ev3
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
sexycelica...errr...i dunnoe whats happened to your veilside front bar, but mine wa sall predrilled and yes, eventho the stock plastics were a little short since the veilside front bar is 'longer', my work shop fabricated some metal brackets and connected the metal brackets to the front bar and the original plastics (sorta like a bridge) free of charge! havent had any problems since and everyhting still looks great thumbsup

The difference might be that mine was a genuine which is made of FRP reinforced with fibreglass
Hope this helps!