Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
SabreWulf
Member
SabreWulf

Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
New York
Apr 10, 6:59pm - #439554 
What Do You Wax Your Celica With?

I take great pride in my ride.

One of the things I do during the spring & summer the most (after washing) is waxing my baby anytime I feel she needs it.

I've used a variety of different waxes from Turtle Wax to that Magic Color wax to Rain-X to the Wax as U Dry wax among others. I can never find one particular one that seems to be the best of the best.

So my question: What do you wax your Celica with?
What is the best wax out that that's long lasting & really helps bring out the color in your car?

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 100
Super_celica
Member
Super_celica
2001 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 100
Ohio
Apr 10, 7:02pm - #439555 
I'd get maguairs 3 step, first step is a paint cleaner, second is a polish and color booster and 3rd is a wax, works wonders but can be time consuming to put em all on. but if time isn't an issue, it'll cost you about 30 bucks for all three,if you do a good wax job it should be good for about 1 month or more. if you don't want the whole 3 step thing, any maguiars wax works great.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 241
04celigt
Member
04celigt

Member
2004 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 241
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Apr 10, 7:28pm - #439556 
Maguiars thumbsup


high hooo silver
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 10, 7:32pm - #439557 
I just used this new stuff today. Eagle one Nanowax...it is AWSOME
I use to only use mothers. But it made my paint look and feel 10x better then Mothers ever has. Good stuff try it out

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 638
mrluilou
Senior Member
mrluilou

Senior Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 638
Palmdale, California
Apr 10, 7:38pm - #439558 
i also use maguairs thumbsup


[Linked Image]
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,355
MptGlw69
Playboy
MptGlw69
Playboy
2001 Acura Integra

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,355
Grand Rapids, MI
Apr 10, 7:44pm - #439559 
Meguiar's NXT spray wax. I use Meguiar's everything, even the brush. rofl

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
Apr 10, 9:47pm - #439560 
Mothers 3 step wax!!!! use claybar, clearer wax, and selaer and glaze!!!! they best stuff i have ever used. have tried meguires, turtle, and eagle. Mohters beats them all. Esp with darker color cars thumbsup thumbsup

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 427
speed_celica
Senior Member
speed_celica

Senior Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 427
Calgary, AB, Canada
Apr 10, 10:10pm - #439561 
Originally Posted by MptGlw69
Meguiar's NXT spray wax. I use Meguiar's everything, even the brush. rofl

I was looking to buy the Meguiar's NXT today but didn't cause they're cost like $15 more than Meguiar Gold Class. Is the NXT any good for that price?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
WhtCelicaGT02
New Member
WhtCelicaGT02
2002 Super White Toyota Celica GT
New Member
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 2
Shreveport, LA
Apr 10, 11:34pm - #439562 
Used to use Megauiars but now I'm using Zaino.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 22
brandon_k_w
Member
brandon_k_w
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 22
Sacramento, CA
Apr 11, 12:08am - #439563 
1st step: Meguiar's Paint Cleaner
2nd step: Meguiar's Polish
3rd step: seal it with Meguiar's NXT Liquid Wax

I think the shine is pretty good considering it's a silver paint color.

Linked Image

1953566705-4.jpg
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 982
Kim
GOD
Kim
2002 Red Toyota Celica GT
GOD
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 982
Bellflower, CA
Apr 11, 8:57am - #439564 
use mothers clay bar, then meguiar's polish , then megiuars wax.

you'll get that glass like feel


[Linked Image]
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 505
Joey
Senior Member
Joey

Senior Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 505
Long Beach, CA
Apr 11, 9:47am - #439565 
Originally Posted by Kim
use mothers clay bar, then meguiar's polish , then megiuars wax.

you'll get that glass like feel


mmmmmm..mmmmm... tongue

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 357
speedducky
ECelica Staff
speedducky

ECelica Staff
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 357
Southern California
Apr 11, 10:28am - #439566 
Meguiar's NXT


"Be kind to animals... Hug a Hockey Player!"
AFLAC!!!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 22
brandon_k_w
Member
brandon_k_w
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 22
Sacramento, CA
Apr 11, 2:33pm - #439567 
Originally Posted by Kim
use mothers clay bar, then meguiar's polish , then megiuars wax.

you'll get that glass like feel


Clay bars are awesome. I used it to strip off my wax on my car, because I was starting fresh. The paint was so smooth after using a clay bar, it was virtually impossible to keep something still even on a flat surface of the paint. I tried to put one of my Meguiar's bottles on the Hood of my car, and it was sliding all the way to the pavement.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 365
dansgts
Member
dansgts

Member
1986 Toyota Celica

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 365
Corona, CA
Apr 11, 2:41pm - #439568 
damn you for startin this thread, you just reminded me how bad i need to claybar and wax my celi laughsilly

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 118
xcivickillerx
Member
xcivickillerx

Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 118
Ocala Florida
Apr 11, 4:35pm - #439569 
Originally Posted by speedducky
Meguiar's NXT

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Teknikal
Member
Teknikal
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Louisville, KY
Apr 11, 7:56pm - #439570 
I seal my car with 4* UPP

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 487
GTS2003BLK
Senior Member
GTS2003BLK

Senior Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 487
Portland, Oregon
Apr 11, 11:56pm - #439571 
Zaino Show Car Polish:

http://www.zainostore.com/

Their Z5 polish dose wonders for scratches and swirls in black paint.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 158
Clyde
Member
Clyde

Member
1995 Toyota Celica SX

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 158
New South Wales, Australia
Apr 12, 12:51am - #439572 
Is wax on, wax off an actual method of waxing a car..like in the karate kid?

1953568418-Powered By Pinoys.gif

[Linked Image]

When I find myself in a position like this, I ask myself what would General Motors do? And then I do the opposite!

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 12, 5:24am - #439573 
Originally Posted by Clyde
Is wax on, wax off an actual method of waxing a car..like in the karate kid?


yes that is a way. You put the wax on in one direction and then take it off in reverse so that it comes off easier

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
alex93393
Member
alex93393
2000 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica GT
Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
San Diego, CA
Apr 12, 9:33am - #439574 
i got a spec blue celi with some minor scratches that i need to buff out, but i want to wax. so you are saying use the 3 step thingy? how i buff them out? should i make a new thread?

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Teknikal
Member
Teknikal
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Louisville, KY
Apr 12, 2:04pm - #439575 
Use scratch x
(depending on the scratches you won't be able to get them out by hand)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
SabreWulf
Member
SabreWulf

Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
New York
Apr 12, 3:21pm - #439576 
Scratch X... oh yea, that's a real great product... rolleyes

It basically takes a layer of the paint off your car, as it seems to kind of rub it down a little to match the surface & smoothen it out.

I've used Scratch X (a tanish gel) on a black car, green car, and a silver car... each time on a white T-Shirt that I used to rub it in & rub it off... the rub-off on the T-shirt rag the same color as the car.

Coincidence? I think not! professional buffer is really the best way to go (otherwise, use that color-match wax, which helps a little & acts as a wax along with a color matcher & doesn't take off paint).

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 12, 3:35pm - #439577 
Originally Posted by alex93393
i got a spec blue celi with some minor scratches that i need to buff out, but i want to wax. so you are saying use the 3 step thingy? how i buff them out? should i make a new thread?


Use the mothers 3step or something close...When you strip off first and then use the sealer glaze..The glaze will hide MOST of your minor scratches

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Teknikal
Member
Teknikal
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Louisville, KY
Apr 12, 8:32pm - #439578 
You say don't use scratch x, then say use a professional buffer?

No one on a professional detailer forum seems to have problems using scratch-x

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,292
CaLiGTS
Phantom
CaLiGTS

Phantom
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,292
Bay Area, NorCal
Apr 12, 8:44pm - #439579 
i use maguiars also thumbsup


[Linked Image]
Ask yourself one question. Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 291
GTSdrifter
Member
GTSdrifter

Member
2000 Toyota Celica SS2 ZZT231

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 291
UNION CITY, CA
Apr 14, 1:27am - #439580 
Originally Posted by 05XRunner
I just used this new stuff today. Eagle one Nanowax...it is AWSOME
I use to only use mothers. But it made my paint look and feel 10x better then Mothers ever has. Good stuff try it out


i got a free sample of Eagle 1 Nanowax and i plan on waxing my car this weekend thumbsup

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 212
sekytwo
Member
sekytwo

Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 212
Salt Lake City, Utah
Apr 14, 9:15am - #439581 
i use black magic, its been pretty good! thumbsup

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
alex93393
Member
alex93393
2000 Spectra Blue Toyota Celica GT
Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 83
San Diego, CA
Apr 14, 9:21am - #439582 
ok so i bought some gold series maguire thingy and then a little 2 dollar of maguires scratch away or whatever its called. imma try and use that little bottle on the small scratches. Im also gunna claybar my car, so waht are the steps for this? like, first wash, then clay, then wax, then scratch thingy? help me please.lol.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 14, 9:25am - #439583 
Originally Posted by alex93393
ok so i bought some gold series maguire thingy and then a little 2 dollar of maguires scratch away or whatever its called. imma try and use that little bottle on the small scratches. Im also gunna claybar my car, so waht are the steps for this? like, first wash, then clay, then wax, then scratch thingy? help me please.lol.


Wash it, Dry it, Clay bar it, Do the scratch junk, then Wax it

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
SabreWulf
Member
SabreWulf

Member
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 68
New York
Apr 14, 10:19am - #439584 
There's all this talk of a clay bar...

Not that I'm naive or anything, but what is the clay-bar, what does it do to help your car, where can I get one, how much does it usually run, and does it usually come as a package w/ the wax or what?

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,870
Chelica815
Specialist
Chelica815
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Specialist
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,870
San Francisco -The Bay
Apr 14, 10:22am - #439585 
There are soooo many goodies for cars that I become a little kid at a candy store everytime I go to Pepboys and check out their wall of car cleaner products.

I downed a total of $100+ on diff. weird but cool looking bottles this past week.

Now if I can only take a day off to use all of them, lol.

I got the whole Turtle Wax setup and am now trying their spray wax thing, want to see if it makes a diff. before I purchase the NXT series products. I do like Turtle Wax's soap tho.


Aggressively Driven
2000 Celica GT-S 6 Speed
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 14, 10:24am - #439586 
Originally Posted by SabreWulf
There's all this talk of a clay bar...

Not that I'm naive or anything, but what is the clay-bar, what does it do to help your car, where can I get one, how much does it usually run, and does it usually come as a package w/ the wax or what?


You can get at any auto parts store..Its Mother clay bar.. Comes with bar and the instant detailer to use with it. The clay bar goes along the paint and pulls off all the rail dust, road grime, break dust that cannot be taken off by just washing and waxhing. After you clay bar your paint feels a lot smoother to. After that just wax your car...will look great

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Teknikal
Member
Teknikal
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Louisville, KY
Apr 14, 1:10pm - #439587 
I just placed an order at exceldetail.com

SSR1 - Light Abrasive (16oz) $ 12.89

SSR2.5 - Medium Abrasive (16 oz) $ 12.89

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (Polymer) $ 19.89
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 19.89

Propel Green Light Cut Pad. Aggressive level 2 (0-5) (Out of stock) $
7.49
Quantity: 2
Item total: $ 14.98

Propel Orange Aggressive Pad Aggressive level 4 (0-5)(Out of Stock) $
8.90
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 8.90

Propel Yellow Med. Cut Pad. Aggressive level 3 (0-5) (Out of stock) $
7.49
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 7.49

Excel Plate/Pad kit (Backing plates and pads on backorder) $ 29.99
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 29.99

Subtotal: $ 107.03
Shipping and Handling: $ 16.99
Order Total: $ 124.02

And I still need to order some Klasse All in One Paint cleaner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 14, 1:27pm - #439588 
Originally Posted by Teknikal
I just placed an order at exceldetail.com

SSR1 - Light Abrasive (16oz) $ 12.89

SSR2.5 - Medium Abrasive (16 oz) $ 12.89

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (Polymer) $ 19.89
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 19.89

Propel Green Light Cut Pad. Aggressive level 2 (0-5) (Out of stock) $
7.49
Quantity: 2
Item total: $ 14.98

Propel Orange Aggressive Pad Aggressive level 4 (0-5)(Out of Stock) $
8.90
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 8.90

Propel Yellow Med. Cut Pad. Aggressive level 3 (0-5) (Out of stock) $
7.49
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 7.49

Excel Plate/Pad kit (Backing plates and pads on backorder) $ 29.99
Quantity: 1
Item total: $ 29.99

Subtotal: $ 107.03
Shipping and Handling: $ 16.99
Order Total: $ 124.02

And I still need to order some Klasse All in One Paint cleaner


Thats stupid WTF do you need all that for.
Just Claybar and buff your car once a year and keep it washed and waxed on regular basis and you dont need TONS of garbage

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 30
X_Factor
Member
X_Factor
2001 Black Toyota Celica
Member
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 30
Indiana
Apr 14, 6:38pm - #439589 
If you love your ride you'll clay bar it. the time you spend doing it does wonders.

I always do mine with a 2 step proccess once a year. I start with the more aggressive stuff then finish with the mild, then a good rub down with their ScratchX and buff the hell out of it because my car is black and it shows everything.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 14, 7:14pm - #439590 
Originally Posted by X_Factor
If you love your ride you'll clay bar it. the time you spend doing it does wonders.

I always do mine with a 2 step proccess once a year. I start with the more aggressive stuff then finish with the mild, then a good rub down with their ScratchX and buff the hell out of it because my car is black and it shows everything.

My old 2000 tacoma reg cab 4x4 had 90,000 miles on it and I just buffed it once a year and washed and wax rugular and it stayed mint lookin...Everyone always thought it was new. I use to wheel it and everything. I already claybared and buffed my X and it only has 3000 miles on it...LOL

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Teknikal
Member
Teknikal
2000 Silver Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 126
Louisville, KY
Apr 14, 9:06pm - #439591 
Just claybar and buff my car once a year, and wash and wax on a daily basis?

Educate yourself before attacking someone.

Everyone that just says wash and throw a layer of wax down is stupid. You have to prepare your car for the wax.

Wash + clay at the same time
Pull out the Porter Cable 7336 or Rotary if you choose along with your swirl remover of choice. (I went with SSR 2.5)
Follow that up with the SSR 1 to clean up the micromarring left by the SSR 2.5.
Next you have to clean the new swirl free finish, for this I use Klasse All-in-one.
Finally I top with the 4*UPP (Probably 2 to 3 layers)

Just washing, claying, waxing is not good enough. The wax probably lasts for 2/3 weeks since it has nothing to bond to.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
05XRunner
Member
05XRunner

Member
2005 Toyota Tacoma XRunner

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 78
Pittsburgh PA
Apr 15, 4:10am - #439592 
Originally Posted by Teknikal
Just claybar and buff my car once a year, and wash and wax on a daily basis?

Educate yourself before attacking someone.

Everyone that just says wash and throw a layer of wax down is stupid. You have to prepare your car for the wax.

Wash + clay at the same time
Pull out the Porter Cable 7336 or Rotary if you choose along with your swirl remover of choice. (I went with SSR 2.5)
Follow that up with the SSR 1 to clean up the micromarring left by the SSR 2.5.
Next you have to clean the new swirl free finish, for this I use Klasse All-in-one.
Finally I top with the 4*UPP (Probably 2 to 3 layers)

Just washing, claying, waxing is not good enough. The wax probably lasts for 2/3 weeks since it has nothing to bond to.


I dont think I need to educate myself on anything. I think i know enough to keep my cars nice.
After 5years and 90,000 miles winters of salt and all my old truck looked perfect. I know how to take care of my car without spending a stupid amount of money for cleaning products

Join the conversation - Register Now or Log In to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Member Spotlight
cwsample
cwsample
2001 Toyota Celica
Sherman, TX

Posts: 164
Joined: April 2004
Show All Member Profiles 
Recent Topics
300k Maintenance, and OEM Parts order
by Exodus. 07/26/2017 8:23 AM
Alarm System Help
by MrJenkips. 07/24/2017 8:43 AM
Any idea what headlights these are?
by KoalasCelica. 07/22/2017 11:25 PM
FS: 2001 GTS
by Skip. 07/21/2017 11:25 AM
Water in footwell of rear passenger seat
by ciaranleeman. 07/21/2017 1:24 AM
A/C doesn't work, water leak
by Zaon_Prime. 07/20/2017 1:06 PM
2000 Celica GT instrument lights go out
by Herby. 07/19/2017 1:49 PM
Need some guidance to buying a celica!
by Hanate. 07/17/2017 4:23 PM
Customize Your Toyota Celica Privacy Policy · About · Contact
Privacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2017
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Snapshot build 20170611)