just did mine the other day...took about 10 minutes...it is a snap!
BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS...MAKE SURE THAT THE OIL IS HOT! SO THAT IT WILL ALL DRAIN TO THE BATTOM OF THE PAN!
1. put your e brake on
2. use a floor jack to jack up the front of the car (use the flat plate right behind the front toe hook under the front of the car).
3. jack it up enough so that you can work freeley under the car while on your back.
4. if you still have the under body plastic covering the Oil Filter
and oil pan (left of center) then move it so that you can get to them both.
5. put an oil catch on the ground, under the oil plug (located on the back of the pan) and remove the plug. make sure that you move your hand out of the way because the oil will be hot.
6. let the pan drain, then remove your Oil Filter
(watch out for hot oil once again). when you have the Oil Filter
off, turn it upside down in the oil catch to empty it.
7. *important* PUT YOUR OIL PLUG BACK IN!!! seen too many cars go capute by not doing this little step!
8. take your new filter out of the box and put some oil around the seal on the filter. then put you new filter on(make sure that you do not cross-thread it). thread it on and wait for the filter seal to contact the metal...then give it another 3/4 to 1 full turn (do not over tighten it!
9. pop the Hood
and take off the oil cap. refill with 4 1/2 quarts of oil and then replace cap.
10. lower car off of jack and start the engine. let the engine idle for a minute and check for leaks under the car. if no leaks, replace under car plastic and turn off car.
11. pull dipstick and check oil. if the oil is up to the second notch on the dipstick...you are all done. if it is low...add some oil.
12. shut Hood
and walk away! (dont forget to clean up your mess!)
i think that is it...it is that simple!