Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

So I was driving 35 mph cruzing down a long street in neutral, and then droped it into second gear. I then gave it some gas and took it to about 6500 rpms, and then went back into neutral, becuase I needed to slow down and enter a neighborhood. Once I entered the neighborhood, I tired to put it back into gear, and it woud'nt go. I can't put it into any gear whats so ever, and can't start the car in gear. The clutch pedal seems a little hard and shakey.

BTW... I have the Act street clutch and Fidanza flywheel for almsot a year now. About a year ago, i miss shifted and over reved the engine bending some valves and blowing the clutch, and ever since then i grind in 4th gear only when downshifting, but never happened before my missshift.

Anyone have a clue what coud be wrong? My clutch right now feels just as it did when i miss shifted a year ago.

2000 white gt-s
aem intake, hks exhaust, act clutch, fidanza flywheel, skunk 2 coilovers, 17" axis reverbs rims black

Your synchros are probably gone.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
yeah synchros are most likely bad...$$$...that sux im sorry. my car did that one time in the middle of a race i was in forth shifting to fifth and when i did the car shook a little and i put it back it neutral and let off and when i slowed i tried to put it back in gear and it locked up and wouldnt go back in gear. so i coasted to a gas station and turned the car off and tried to put it in gear and with a lot of force i maid it go back in gear and slowly had to rework my synchro to align all my gears back in place it took about a good 20 min. just to drive away ok with out the car shuttering. now the car is fine. but i will tell you what i will never race to fifth gear again because everytime i think ot is going to do the same thing again.

wait, all i have to do is force it into gear right now? because im sick of towing it around town...

2000 white gt-s
aem intake, hks exhaust, act clutch, fidanza flywheel, skunk 2 coilovers, 17" axis reverbs rims black

Yoda Master
Yoda Master
u should really get it checked, forcing it isnt a good thing

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
try this first, stick your foot behind the clutch pedal and pull back...sometimes the clutch returner spring gets stuck and it acts like the clutch is still engaged...so pull back on the clutch pedal and see if it works...if thats not it, your tranny is F U C K E D!!!!!

2000 Celica GT-S Spectra White
Current mods:
Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust
Currently saving for custom turbo....MUST BE F/I!!!!!

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
YEAH DONT NESSESARILY FORCE IT IN CUZ YOU MIGHT F IT UP MORE. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET IT LOOKED AT BY TOYOTA OR A GOOD SHOP. I RESUME NO RESPONSIBLITY. LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

/\ haha ok I won't hold you responsible, im gonna try that pull back thingy, and then have it looked at soon, thanks guys.

2000 white gt-s

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
one time i was doing burnouts with a friend after work and it was wet so no big deal but i got a lot of smoke and after that i couldnt put my car into first gear no matter how hard i pushed, wel i started in 2nd and went to friends house the car stood there for few hours and i played around with it and now it works fine, any1 know wat was wrong?

vas
Hy guys i have a problem with my clutch
When i put in first gear it goes very hard same as 2nd from 3d upp it goes ok not verry good but ok
Is there ani adjustment i can do on clutch
Tight some nutt or something?
Thank you

vas
Hy guys i have a problem with my clutch
When i put in first gear it goes very hard same as 2nd from 3d upp it goes ok not verry good but ok
Is there ani adjustment i can do on clutch
Tight some nutt or something?
Thank you