Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,660
Grand-Touring-Dan
ECelica Staff
Grand-Touring-Dan Mar 20, 2:42am - #421120 
2001 Spec Blue Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,660
Houston, TX
SAFC II vs. Greddy Emanage

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on these two components, plus it could be a good reference for the future. What would you choose and why? What are the pros and cons of each?
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,304
SLVCELI
Specialist
SLVCELI Mar 20, 2:56am - #421121 
2002 Liquid Silver Metall Toyota Celica GT
Specialist
2002 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,304
West Chester, Ohio
Um. Well since I dont think SAFC II works (unless they fixed something with this "II") without getting overide by the ecu, I went with the e-Manage. Runs my supercharger fine and obviously doesnt get overrode. e-Manage is relatively inexpensive and the gains are fairly impressive. Obviously not quite up to par with the powerfc, but still good.

[Linked Image]
BETWEEN WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU COULD BE
BETWEEN HOW IT IS AND HOW IT SHOULD BE
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 130
inifinity
Member
inifinity Mar 20, 4:58am - #421122 
2000 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica
Member
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 130
fort smith, arkansas
Originally Posted by SLVCELI
Um. Well since I dont think SAFC II works (unless they fixed something with this "II") without getting overide by the ecu, I went with the e-Manage. Runs my supercharger fine and obviously doesnt get overrode. e-Manage is relatively inexpensive and the gains are fairly impressive. Obviously not quite up to par with the powerfc, but still good.
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Illusive
Member
Illusive Mar 20, 7:06am - #421123 
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Southern California
safc is worthless, the emanage has been proven to work, if you dont have the money for a real standalone, and only want air/fuel control, emanage is your best bet,

if you want full controll, the pfc, fcon pro, or hydra ems are the options out there.


also the split second unit has been proven to work as well.

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,660
Grand-Touring-Dan
ECelica Staff
Grand-Touring-Dan Mar 20, 8:51am - #421124 
2001 Spec Blue Toyota Celica
ECelica Staff
2001 Toyota Celica

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,660
Houston, TX
The safc and emanage are both piggybacks. What makes the emanage work that the safc can't? Also, the emanage has many different harnesses that control different things. Won't those harnesses make it just as efficient as a standalone?
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Illusive
Member
Illusive Mar 21, 4:13am - #421125 
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Southern California
Originally Posted by Grand-Touring-Dan
The safc and emanage are both piggybacks. What makes the emanage work that the safc can't? Also, the emanage has many different harnesses that control different things. Won't those harnesses make it just as efficient as a standalone?


no the emanage will only allow for air fuel and ignition tuning

it does not have the ability to controll vvt (variable valve timing) which the standalones do, and where 75% of the power is made on our cars.


it gets incredibly complicated to explain, but if you head over to n c org in the performance mods section there is a great explanaition of why the safc doesn't work

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Rave669
Senior Member
Rave669 Mar 22, 11:53pm - #421126 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Lisle, IL
it's because the fuel trim levels are carried over from open loop to closed loop.

SAFC does work, but only within high-throttle settings, low throttle apparently doesn't work (or some people claim)

Seriously though, if it was useless, why would Apex-i release ECU schematics for wiring, as well as built-in settings for our chassis code (ZZT231) with the SAFC-II?

I've known a couple people with SAFC installed, none of them had any complaints. The only people that say they don't work are

1) posting in forums

and

2) not running the SAFC at all, hell, most of them have never tried to run it on their cars.

Maybe I'll just have to buy one and try installing it myself, I will tell you if it does what it's supposed to or not (which is, in other words, correct air fuel ratios througout the rev range)

SAFC is not some magic power adder, it's a tuning tool used to calibrate air/fuel ratios, and also a nice monitor to replace some gauges in the cockpit. The SAFC does the 2nd part for sure, so to say it it useless is quite a stretch in my opinion.

[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Illusive
Member
Illusive Mar 23, 2:18am - #421127 
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Southern California
Originally Posted by Rave669
it's because the fuel trim levels are carried over from open loop to closed loop.

SAFC does work, but only within high-throttle settings, low throttle apparently doesn't work (or some people claim)

Seriously though, if it was useless, why would Apex-i release ECU schematics for wiring, as well as built-in settings for our chassis code (ZZT231) with the SAFC-II?

I've known a couple people with SAFC installed, none of them had any complaints. The only people that say they don't work are

1) posting in forums

and

2) not running the SAFC at all, hell, most of them have never tried to run it on their cars.

Maybe I'll just have to buy one and try installing it myself, I will tell you if it does what it's supposed to or not (which is, in other words, correct air fuel ratios througout the rev range)

SAFC is not some magic power adder, it's a tuning tool used to calibrate air/fuel ratios, and also a nice monitor to replace some gauges in the cockpit. The SAFC does the 2nd part for sure, so to say it it useless is quite a stretch in my opinion.

i really dont feel like arguing on 2 different forums why it doesn't work.

just go out buy it *tune* it and re dyno a month later. you'll be suprised at the results.

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Rave669
Senior Member
Rave669 Mar 23, 2:48am - #421128 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 522
Lisle, IL
it's about damn time... All people seem to do is argue about it. it was never the point, and because of the arguing a definitive answer on the subject has never been clear.

Just let people decide for themselves, put all the info on the table, and just let them choose.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Illusive
Member
Illusive Mar 23, 4:08am - #421129 
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 396
Southern California
Originally Posted by Rave669
it's about damn time... All people seem to do is argue about it. it was never the point, and because of the arguing a definitive answer on the subject has never been clear.

Just let people decide for themselves, put all the info on the table, and just let them choose.



for the record the answer was clear. but im at the point now where i'm just tired of trying to save people money on purchasing one, people still buy tornadoes and fuel magnets even if I tell them its worthless, they'll do the same thing, sometimes as my father put it "you just have to learn the hard way"

thats about where i'm at now. I give up.

Controlled Inertia
President
8.831 @ 79.8 mph (best 1/8 new motor 12/02/04)
2.007 (best 60')
All motor
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016