Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

this really sucks i brought my car to a shop to look at my doors today . the shop owner was a total assho*e . he was really unhelpful. but anyways he told me to reline the doors on my car was going to take a entire day to do it. i was like what the fu*k . it took 8 hour to install the entire thing on both sides . then it will take another 8 hours to just reline it up. come on this is bullsh*t. maybe he just wanted another 800.00 to do it again. with that price and all the repairs up to now on my doors, i could have bought another hindge set by now, just from labor cost alone. and if thats not enough trouble. angry now listen to this . the shop owners just did a honda civic with the decah kit about a week ago. it was all going well for about a week . then the civic guy brought his car back to the shop because of a recall from decah. its a little part for his doors. i dont know what part this is because the civic guy was not there at that day. the assho*e shop owner did not know either. but he said it was a decah kit which had a recall part. so what the civic guy got from the mail was a recall part from decah. thats all i could find out. now even the civic has to bring it back to do the entire thing again. oh well there goes another 500.00-800.00 for labor again. i check the decah website and did not find anything yet. do anyone here know anything about this recall part.? ive had it with these dumb shops. i will wait for you wil , because you seem to be the guy who really knows whats going on. please email me when you get a chance to fix it. smile i know your working mad hours right now. so whenever you get a chance . thanks again . i hope no one will have to run throuh this much hassle to get this done right. cry

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hearing things like this really makes me not want Lambo doors. Sorry your getting screwed frown

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
That's why I've always felt that if the Celica was capable of having lambo doors, Toyota would have put them on for us. I'm sorry about your misfortune

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Everyone i know that has lambo doors is having problems. Hopefully it will teach other people to stay away from them.

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
The "recall" part your talking about is the top bracket for the shock. It screws into the hinge and the shock screws into it. It has a tendency to unscrew itself from the hinge. That is what I think is wrong w/ yours Comic. Carexess is actually just putting a spot weld on the bracket now so it can't come unscrewed.
I haven't had a problem at all w/ my hinges as of yet. Nor has anyone I've done the install for. I guess you just have to know what your doing during the install. Some people are just plain dumb

Originally Posted by PhatCellyGt
The "recall" part your talking about is the top bracket for the shock. It screws into the hinge and the shock screws into it. It has a tendency to unscrew itself from the hinge. That is what I think is wrong w/ yours Comic. Carexess is actually just putting a spot weld on the bracket now so it can't come unscrewed.
I haven't had a problem at all w/ my hinges as of yet. Nor has anyone I've done the install for. I guess you just have to know what your doing during the install. Some people are just plain dumb
hey wil , i think you nailed it . thats what is wrong with my doors .when the screw starts to unscrew itself the doors get offline. it was a screw which pop out and no thanks for my shops dumb installation which did not help at all either. so wil is there a way to fix these current doors ? so that the screw does not pop out sooner or later. also do you know if carexcess is the place to get us this recalled part? thanks again . wil i think you know more about these things than ian. everything you said about the doors is correct. thumbsup keep up the great work bro. you seem to be the only one who really knows this stuff. smile

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
[Linked Image from plaza.umin.ac.jp]

it is true that all the VDC kits need small modifications at installtion. take a close look at my picture. i re-drill all the holes in proper positions, and welded all the bolts to fix it securely. i think, this step is important...

but, it is also true that carexcess kit is the best hinge among available VDC kits including some craps.

Satoshi from JAPAN

Originally Posted by Satoshi

it is true that all the VDC kits need small modifications at installtion. take a close look at my picture. i re-drill all the holes in proper positions, and welded all the bolts to fix it securely. i think, this step is important...

but, it is also true that carexcess kit is the best hinge among available VDC kits including some craps.
the carexcess kit is the best kit, but they all have recalled parts to them because decah messed up. so that means when anyone who has them on now, if your doors fall later on you better pull out another installation cost of between 500.00-800.00 to uninstall them and then another 500.00-to 800.00 again to reinstall them again, to do both doors again. the screw will fall out sooner or later. if you dont get that recall part out of your current hindes and replace it.its going to cost you in the future. this problem is it a decah problem? i think that decah should pay us for the reinstalling them . dont you think. its unfair for us to shell out money again due to the error their company made.what do you think will they be willing to pay up for their error? its sound fair to me. i bought the kit. then put it on . and now they realize that it needs to be remodified. so that means we should pay for labor to take of the hindes and then pay again for labor to reinstall. thats going to be soooooo much money . angry oh and if you guys who have the hinges on now . take a flashlight and look at the hindes where the screw is . right on bottom the little part is digging into your hinges . mine is going so far in . its about half way from snapping. is this normal? im just worried that it will snap in another 6 months. is there a way to protect this problem from digging futher into my doors? cry

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Originally Posted by comicbookguy
Originally Posted by Satoshi

the carexcess kit is the best kit, but they all have recalled parts to them because decah messed up. so that means when anyone who has them on now, if your doors fall later on you better pull out another installation cost of between 500.00-800.00 to uninstall them and then another 500.00-to 800.00 again to reinstall them again, to do both doors again. the screw will fall out sooner or later. if you dont get that recall part out of your current hindes and replace it.its going to cost you in the future. this problem is it a decah problem? i think that decah should pay us for the reinstalling them . dont you think. its unfair for us to shell out money again due to the error their company made.what do you think will they be willing to pay up for their error? its sound fair to me. i bought the kit. then put it on . and now they realize that it needs to be remodified. so that means we should pay for labor to take of the hindes and then pay again for labor to reinstall. thats going to be soooooo much money . angry oh and if you guys who have the hinges on now . take a flashlight and look at the hindes where the screw is . right on bottom the little part is digging into your hinges . mine is going so far in . its about half way from snapping. is this normal? im just worried that it will snap in another 6 months. is there a way to protect this problem from digging futher into my doors? cry

at first,, very sorry to hear that. if i were able to help you..
the answer is umm..yes and no..
although that's expensive kit, but the decah has the responsibility of product itself, not installtion. just in my thought.. no offence..

btw, you talking about screwed door stopper (i used cement glue to fix it) or screw itself (welded in mine)?
is it quite normal that VDC kit needs some modification and adjustment after installtion?
removing both fenders is only 30mins work for me, so it doens't sound so harsh for me...

anyway, do you have pics?

Satoshi from JAPAN

at first,, very sorry to hear that. if i were able to help you..
the answer is umm..yes and no..
although that's expensive kit, but the decah has the responsibility of product itself, not installtion. just in my thought.. no offence..

btw, you talking about screwed door stopper (i used cement glue to fix it) or screw itself (welded in mine)?
is it quite normal that VDC kit needs some modification and adjustment after installtion?
removing both fenders is only 30mins work for me, so it doens't sound so harsh for me...

anyway, do you have pics? [/quote]
ok i will try to post some pics of the scrape hinges. its hard to explain . when you see it then you will know what im talking about. its just digging in to the metal everytime we all open and close it. this is a not about the screw coming loose recall thing . but another normal wear and tear thing .others in my area have the same problem .except most dont know how deep its really going in the metal. it just looks scary at how deep its going in from usage of the doors. as for the decah recall. i wonder what made them recall it? maybe someones arm got chopped off or something. boy i was lucky my arm was not under my doors when all that weight came down. i was lucky .hope you guys wont have to go through this big mess. a word from the wise . never let anyone else open or close your doors. or else its going to cost you big time... trust me on that one.

ev3
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
2002 Toyota Celica ZR
comicbookguy...dude thats really unfortunate mann. i read before you were the one who had your door fall off as well. thats really crap mann..

here's hoping that all goes well from you from now on thumbsup other wise you may have to consider switching back to normal hinges cry. heres hoping it doesnt come to that! wink

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
I would be really pissed if I was you, too. Maybe it's time to go back to the stock hinges? frown

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by EvanJ
I would be really pissed if I was you, too. Maybe it's time to go back to the stock hinges? frown
im sure i will have to soon ,i have been thinking it over for weeks now. if my hindges snap in the future . i will not replace them again. but for now i will give it one more try because i have the only person ,who really knows what they are doing to do my doors . im talking about the one and only phatceli gt. im really lucky that he lives in va . no matter what other shops say how many times they did it before . they will mess up. the only one who can do it right is phatceli gt, and ian from car excess himself. those are the only 2 people i will let fix my doors. all the other shops ive been to in my area all say they can do it .then something always go wrong.then when that happens you will have to shell out more money for them to do it again. best wishes to the rest of you guys with those doors. hope you wont have to go through this . wave

2000 Toyota Celica GTS
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Im curious with all the problems that seem to arise from some people...can I expect the same problems from doing the install myself?

It really doesnt seem to be THAT hard of an install aside from the alignment of the doors. Is it really that hard?

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
No, the istall is quite easy if your experienced.

Satoshi, The pic you show has nothing to do w/ comics problem. That is just where the hinge attaches to the car. His problem is in the arm of the hinge where the top of the shock attaches to the mounting bracket (I believe) I'll know more sunday.

The top mounting bracket (it's a blue tint) for the shock has a allen bolt that goes through it and attaches it to the hinge. What's been happening is when the door goes up, the bracket and allen bolt move up w/ the door(like it should) But, when the door goes down, the bracket moves and not the allen bolt. Over time, it works itself right out and the bracket falls down.

To fix it, all that has to be done is spot weld or loctite the allen bolt to the bracket...then they'll move together and the bolt won't work itself out anymore smile

Satoshi, The pic you show has nothing to do w/ comics problem. That is just where the hinge attaches to the car. His problem is in the arm of the hinge where the top of the shock attaches to the mounting bracket (I believe) I'll know more sunday.

The top mounting bracket (it's a blue tint) for the shock has a allen bolt that goes through it and attaches it to the hinge. What's been happening is when the door goes up, the bracket and allen bolt move up w/ the door(like it should) But, when the door goes down, the bracket moves and not the allen bolt. Over time, it works itself right out and the bracket falls down.

To fix it, all that has to be done is spot weld or loctite the allen bolt to the bracket...then they'll move together and the bolt won't work itself out anymore smile
boy this guy really knows his stuff , thats exactly what ive been telling my shops but they just dont get it. wil ,carexcess should pay you for a 24hr helpline on this doors. grin ...wil i will also need your help on the hindges getting cut into by the part which holds the door apart from the hinges. its hard to explain but to make it easyier, i will post some pics for you to see what im saying. ok, let me go take some pics of this. i wonder if you can fix this with loctite as well. hold on im going to take some pics . be back soon ... spineyes

Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Rebel
2003 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by comicbookguy

boy this guy really knows his stuff , thats exactly what ive been telling my shops but they just dont get it. wil ,carexcess should pay you for a 24hr helpline on this doors. grin ...wil i will also need your help on the hindges getting cut into by the part which holds the door apart from the hinges. its hard to explain but to make it easyier, i will post some pics for you to see what im saying. ok, let me go take some pics of this. i wonder if you can fix this with loctite as well. hold on im going to take some pics . be back soon ... spineyes

don't do loctite, be on the safe side: spot weld

[Linked Image]

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Spot welding IS of course the best way to do it...but for this fix, loctite or JBWeld is PLENTY.

Spot welding IS of course the best way to do it...but for this fix, loctite or JBWeld is PLENTY.
what is spot weld? never heard of it. confused

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS

oh i understand the problem!
i checked mine, but there was not loosening.
i fixed the blue bolt by cement glue to hinge.

Last edited by Satoshi; Sep 3, 2003 7:35pm.

Satoshi from JAPAN

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
That's it thumbsup

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
That's it thumbsup

i appreciate for your help..

Satoshi from JAPAN

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Satoshi, You shouldn't attach the bolt to the hinge...you want to attach the bolt to that bracket so it's all one piece. Then screw it into the hinge.

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
i am little confused..

[Linked Image from plaza.umin.ac.jp] [Linked Image from plaza.umin.ac.jp]

so.. this problem is in the only one side (right side)?

and my bracket wont move with blue bolt. blue bolt was fixed firmly to hinges, and bracket move separately. all the bolts are fixed w/o problems.

what's the difference?

decah made minor modifications?

Last edited by Satoshi; Sep 3, 2003 8:12pm.

Satoshi from JAPAN

Satoshi, You shouldn't attach the bolt to the hinge...you want to attach the bolt to that bracket so it's all one piece. Then screw it into the hinge.
wow that looks really tight. hey wil can this be done to my doors? is it just a extra screw? or something much more tricky to do? i just dont know anything about these things. but wow ... eek thumbsup by the way i took pics of my hinges for the other problem . its about the deep constant cutting when the doors open and close . i will post another thread for those pics. then you can see what im talking about . its scary when you see it. they look like they will snap off sooner or later. ok time to upload the pics...

i was also wondering if carexcess can get the recalled parts (the screws or new bolts) i guess. so that we can put them on or save it for future problems . this way i dont need to send them both hinges back to them. or is it much more serious that they have to do the entire thing again? confused

2000 Toyota Celica GT
2000 Toyota Celica GT
Mine haven't moved either satoshi...Only for some it happens, but decah wanted to do it as a "just in case" kinda deal, you know? Your pix have me confused now...did you change out your bolts for the shock bracket?

ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
ECelica Staff
2000 Toyota Celica GTS
Mine haven't moved either satoshi...Only for some it happens, but decah wanted to do it as a "just in case" kinda deal, you know? Your pix have me confused now...did you change out your bolts for the shock bracket?
i didn't change.
so the answer is "minor modification/improvemnt by Decah" ?

Satoshi from JAPAN