Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
cb6playboi
cb6playboi Nov 17, 4:02pm - #4089 

bay area
shocks/struts with GC

i did a search and what i found was just which brand people like, but there was one topic that did help. It mentioned something about GroundControl having different sleves for different shocks. Example, a different sleve for stock, koni, Kyb and so on. Is that true? Also i was wondering if i could mix shocks, like haveing Koni up front and Kyb in the back. The reason being is because KYB rears are much cheaper than koni, but from what i hear koni seems to be the best.

2001 GT-S
.current mods.
AEM cai
TRD Kazuma exhaust
Ground Control Coilovers
17x7 Racing Hart CR
KYB AGX Shocks
TRD Rear Strut Tower Brace
Energy Suspension Bushings
[Linked Image]
Eugic92
Eugic92 Nov 18, 3:12pm - #4090 

Irvine
I definetely recommend shocks if you plan on getting coilover sleeves. KYB in general cost about 150 less than Koni per set. If you want to spend less, get the KYB, but I've heard some negative things about them.

Do not mix the shocks. Diff companies have different designs, and most likely they expect ppl to buy their full set, and not a mix and match deal.

Go w/ Koni's you will love them. I have had them on for a while now and they are great. Good luck w/ the purchase.
blitz-gts
blitz-gts Nov 18, 5:44pm - #4091 

VA
i went with eibach springs and TRD struts. i think they're great