Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

hey sorry if this is the not the right forum to put it under but i had no clue. i need help ASAP on my dads car. lately his cars battery would keep on dying for no reason and he wouldnt have left his lights on or anything. and by the way this is a 97 honda accord special edition automatic. we took the battery to numerous stores and they all said the battery was fine. and today my dads car died again and once again he jump started it and took it to the honda dealership. they told him that the blow motor kept running all the time...first of all what the heck is the blow motor and if anyone can give me any ideas on this how to fix it or where i can find information it would be great. we're not sure if we just want to leave it at the dealer because you guys already know how much they charge. thanks for the help in advance.

2001 Toyota & Acura Celica GTS
2001 Toyota & Acura Celica GTS
most likely the alternator, it's not charging up the battery..

Metal Storm 2040
2000 Toyota Celica
Metal Storm 2040
2000 Toyota Celica
couple of options here:

1.) Low water in the cells
2.) Charge the battery w/charger
3.) Buy a new battery

If those fail, something is messed up! The dealer just wants money, but that would be the final option.

Last edited by Polykarb; Feb 21, 2005 3:17pm.

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
sounds like an alternator problem

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
Originally Posted by vcel523
sounds like an alternator problem
. the blower moter should be connected to the ac. take it to any autozone or discount autoparts and tell them to test the bat and alt. they will let you know.

Furi Kuri
2002 Toyota Celica GT
Furi Kuri
2002 Toyota Celica GT
the blow motor might be the one for the fans. i've noticed that hondas (esp. accords) fans run even while the car is off. these fans are used to, i assume, cool the engine.

unlike toyotas where the car has to at least be on the "ON" position for the fans to work.

that could be the problem or its the alternator.

I've mastered the art of the After Image Technique.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
2001 Toyota Celica GT
oh yeah my prelude did the same thing. it should only run about 15-20 mins at most. after the car is turned off. but that shouldnt make the battery die. if it runs longer then that youll need to replace the box sensor.
1953492479-oldground1.jpg

Last edited by BrokenDreams23; Feb 21, 2005 8:24pm.

Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica
^^^ thats a good point to see as well.

dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
dikitzaps
1974 Toyota Celica
if its not that heres what you do:

get a multimeter

disconnect the negative terminal to the battery, and measure current between the negative terminal wire, and the negative on the battery. If there is current, that means theres something draining your battery when the car is off.

what you're going to do next is :

individually pull each fuse and relay from in the cabin and in the engine bay and see if there is still a draw from the battery... hopefully there shouldnt be and when you pull one of the fuses it will stop drawing power from the battery.

if you go through all the fuses and there's still power coming out of the battery when the car is off, find out what parts of you're engine get power that is not fused... usually these parts are the starter, the alternator, the ecu ... but there can be more or less depending on the vehicle configuration...

individually take off power supply cables from unfused parts and see if the draw from the battery is stopped... if it is, you know what the problem is... if it isnt... well then i'm stumped.

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
TAKE IT TO A KRAGEN AUTOSTORE, THEY'LL HOOK UP UR CAR FOR FREE AND TELL U IF UR ALTERNATOR IS THE PROBLEM OR THE BATTERY OR WUT AND THEY'LL EVEN CHARGE THE BATTERY FOR U. ALL FREE.

Hope this helps. I had the same prob before w/ my old maxima. Turned out to be the alternator. It wasnt charging

2000 Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica
Newer batteries are completely sealed so you wont have to worry about low water levels(that is a thing of the past). I am going to say that it might be you alternator not recharging the battery when the car is running. Look at you volts gauge when the car is running and it should be above 12 volts for sure and in the range of 14 to 15. If it is below that it is your alternator for sure. Also out a load on the engine so turn on the AC or something and see if the lights dim at all during the night time. This would also be the alternator. Make sure at your battery that you have good connections and that the wires look ok (no cracks or breaks or missing insulation). If all of that looks good then check the battery I bet it is bad.

GT4
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
1993 Toyota Celica Alltrac
After you jump start, does the battery warning light on your comb. meter still remain?
If it does, you are having charging problem (bad alternator, alternator brush, etc..)
If it goes away, you are having malfunction equipment or bad wiring that keep draining your battery. (blower motor is an example)

BTW, blower motor is a part of A/C system.
It's a fan that push air through the A/C ventilation system.
[Linked Image from jpi.com.tw]
[Linked Image from 4s.com]

93 ST185, 91 ST185 (sold), 99 Solara SEV6
Boston