Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#40335 Aug 28, 6:36pm
First of all, hi everyone and thanks for your help. I'm new here so I'm not to sure if this post goes in here.

Alright, here's the situation, my wife had the car today and she was dropping off a letter in the drive-thru portion of the post office. Well, she got too close to the curb and scratched the driver side rear rim, the whole outer lip. It isn't that bad of damage, but it chipped the chrome in one spot about the size of a pea. These rims cost a bundle and so did the tires, but we've had them for awhile. Can't remember what the rim brand or make was, just that they are 17" triple chrome plated. And they're wrapped in Toyo ProXES tires, and let me tell you these tires grip like crazy.

So my question is, how do I even attempt to fix the chipped chrome? I figured I could use some CD/DVD scratch remover for the scratches (a little tip I got from a friend) since there is usually a thin clear coat on the chrome. My thought, and this is jury rigged I know, is to use maybe some chrome nail polish or touch up paint, then attempt to put some clear coat over the area, since funds are low right now. Will this look like crap or not even be noticeable? Please, any helpful info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

lol try touch up paint..of chourse the Chrome paint..but you got a drive threw post office? man thts krazy..we shuld have them here too..

Drive thru post office? How lazy are ppl these days?

I need money for my celica.

Nevermind, it's worse than I thought. When she got the car home, it has big dents in the rim ALL the way around it. It appears unfixable.

Last edited by Automic; Aug 29, 2003 9:44am.