Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
bajoconstruction
Member
bajoconstruction Feb 16, 2:05pm - #401207 

Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
Arizona
Replacing Lights - Remove Bumper Necessary?

Ok, so I'm replacing the stock lights with the following on my 2003 Celica GT:

HID foglights
Demon eyes wired into the headlights
HID headlights
White turning lights
Side front bumper lights with white lights and clear cover

I have checked out most of the install guides in that section of this site, and it looks like I need the bumper taken off for the most part. Is there anyway to do this without removing it? I've never taken the bumper off, and don't want to if I don't have to LOL. I wouldn't want to break a nail or anything, already did that when removing that very top screw on the taillights! tongue rofl



Thx, Kristin
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 16, 3:23pm - #401208 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
lol wow you got some money put in there. Minus the breaking a nail part i was hte same wit you aobut not wanting to take off the bumper. I switched out the side markers and took my headligth unit out once w/o taking off hte bumper, and trust me you will break many nails doing ti that way. You ahve to take off hte screes and the wheel well plastichs, kinda wedge your arm int here to get to the parts you need. helps if a friend pulls the bumper to the side abit but you dont want to break it.

Then when i went to change otu fogligh bulbs i jsut said f it and took off hte bumper. Took like 10 min max ot get it off. Came off like butter smile Went back on jsut as easy. And man did it make a difference when working on it. I highly suggest you jsut take off hte bumper if you dont want to break anyhting.

Maybe i'm sjuta big guy so it was hard for me to reach in there but trust me you wont be dissappointed if you jsut tkae off the bumpers and work on it that way. BTW where did you get the hid foglight kit and how much??? PS. sorry for all the typos wink

[Linked Image]
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
bajoconstruction
Member
bajoconstruction Feb 16, 5:00pm - #401209 

Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
Arizona
Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
lol wow you got some money put in there. Minus the breaking a nail part i was hte same wit you aobut not wanting to take off the bumper. I switched out the side markers and took my headligth unit out once w/o taking off hte bumper, and trust me you will break many nails doing ti that way. You ahve to take off hte screes and the wheel well plastichs, kinda wedge your arm int here to get to the parts you need. helps if a friend pulls the bumper to the side abit but you dont want to break it.

Then when i went to change otu fogligh bulbs i jsut said f it and took off hte bumper. Took like 10 min max ot get it off. Came off like butter smile Went back on jsut as easy. And man did it make a difference when working on it. I highly suggest you jsut take off hte bumper if you dont want to break anyhting.

Maybe i'm sjuta big guy so it was hard for me to reach in there but trust me you wont be dissappointed if you jsut tkae off the bumpers and work on it that way. BTW where did you get the hid foglight kit and how much??? PS. sorry for all the typos wink


Hey hombredelassrtas, thanks so much for the tip. I think I'll just take the bumper off to make it easier. I've got a couple guys around that could help, but I'd rather do it myself. The foglights cost me $8 with shipping on eBay. I've found loads of cheap things on there, and haven't had a problem with any of them. I'll have pics soon, will post when I'm done. smile

Kristin
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 16, 8:43pm - #401210 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
oooh ok so there hid like bulbs. not a whole hid kit with the ballasts and stuff. ok. I was looking at some for like 280 so seeing if anyone got them cheaper smile Goodluck. Just give the guys food, we do anyhting for food wink Post pics when its done thumbsup

[Linked Image]
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
bajoconstruction
Member
bajoconstruction Feb 16, 8:51pm - #401211 

Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
Arizona
Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
oooh ok so there hid like bulbs. not a whole hid kit with the ballasts and stuff. ok. I was looking at some for like 280 so seeing if anyone got them cheaper smile Goodluck. Just give the guys food, we do anyhting for food wink Post pics when its done thumbsup
Yes sorry to confuse ya LOL. I shop eBay almost everyday LOL, so if I see any for cheaper, I'll hit you up.

Yeah, I'll cook up some of my famous pizza or spaghetti, or maybe some good mexican food. Damn now I'm hungry LOL.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 16, 8:54pm - #401212 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
lol nice. yea i am addiceted to ecelica.com and ebay. i am on there a atleast once a day wink tad obsessed grin

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 416
GTS02
Senior Member
GTS02 Feb 16, 9:00pm - #401213 

Senior Member
2002 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 416
Richland, WA
I love Ebay thumbsup
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 16, 9:32pm - #401214 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
goodtimes

[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 638
mrluilou
Senior Member
mrluilou Feb 17, 12:17am - #401215 

Senior Member
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 638
Palmdale, California
yeah you have take off the bumper and its not that hard at all so go ahead and do it just take your time thumbsup

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
xmangt1 Feb 17, 3:14am - #401216 

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
Chicago, IL
I've changed my low beams & fogs a bunch of times without removing the bumper. Pretty easy. But U will have to remove the entire headlight in order to install angel eyes or demon eyes.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 17, 3:20am - #401217 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
yea its possible, i just found it easier to take it all off, esp if she is doing all that work. i was just not able to get my arm in the wheel well and see waht i was doing. but then again i am big and clumbsy wink

[Linked Image]
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
xmangt1 Feb 17, 4:17am - #401218 

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
Chicago, IL
Haha funny Hombre. You just need to be patient.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 408
celikitten
April Fools
celikitten Feb 17, 4:21am - #401219 

April Fools
2000 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 408
PA
you don't have to take off the bumper.. haha... which is good cause i CAN'T take off my bumper... it's just a whole lot easier if you do take it off...

shamelessly addicted to ecelica
[Linked Image]
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
xmangt1
4 All U Haterz!
xmangt1 Feb 17, 4:24am - #401220 

4 All U Haterz!
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,587
Chicago, IL
I can even change my corner lenses pretty easily without removing the bumper.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 47
ChubbyCox
Member
ChubbyCox Feb 17, 5:09pm - #401221 

Member
2000 Toyota Celica GT

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 47
Kentucky
WAIT!?,... so to you dont have to remove the bumper to remove the headlight? what do you do then just unscrew the headlight mounts and remove it from the car!?

[Linked Image]
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
bajoconstruction
Member
bajoconstruction Feb 17, 5:21pm - #401222 

Member
2003 Toyota Celica

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 367
Arizona
Originally Posted by ChubbyCox
WAIT!?,... so to you dont have to remove the bumper to remove the headlight? what do you do then just unscrew the headlight mounts and remove it from the car!?
Well my grandpa says there's an easier way that he's found how to replace them without removing the bumper. When I go to do everything, I'll take pics and make an install guide to put up here if all goes well. For all that I'm doing, it still seems like the easiest thing is going to be to remove that damn bumper.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
hombredelassrtas
CF Connoisseur
hombredelassrtas Feb 17, 8:09pm - #401223 

CF Connoisseur
2004 Toyota Celica

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,748
Gainesville, FL
i removed the headlights w/0 taking off the bumper. but it was a tad of a bitch. You ahve to undo the wheel wll and the scre holding bumper to fender. Then hold the bumper out so you can reach the scre that behidn the bumper to the headlight. tis possible but there is high nail breakage risk wink It was jsut so much easier and less effert to take off hte bumper. But yes its possible. Go to newcelicaDOTorg andunder insal painting headligths. there is 2 installs, one for taking off bumper, one without. Thats how i learned.

[Linked Image]
Join the conversation - Register now or Sign in to add your comment


Moderated by  isaac 

Customize Your Toyota CelicaPrivacy Policy · About · Contact
CelicaHobby.com is an independent Toyota Celica enthusiast website. CelicaHobby.com is not sponsored by or affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. in any way. The Toyota and Celica names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
© CelicaHobby.com, 2001-2016