Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#3922 Feb 2, 9:17pm
I just got my Celica GT like 2 months ago and I need help with my exhaust system. I want to get the TRD exhaust but I'm low on cash..So I was thinking of putting on an Apex'i N1 muffler..but I need help in decided how to pipe it(straight or custom, and how many inch piping). So basically, does anyone have any proof and ideas of good piping and exhausts that work for Celicas?

Also, I saw my cousins car, and he had taken out his airbox and attached a K&N air filter to the stock intake tube. Is that a good modification? Please..I need a lot of help =)

Hey man, what's up, welcome to the boards!! For the exhaust, I would go with the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion exhaust (that's what I have), it gives the same hp gains as the TRD exhaust, but it sounds a hell of a lot better, very deep and throaty...it's awesome. As a matter of fact, I just checked the site where I bought my TSRM at, and there is still a special on this exhaust. It is $435 including shipping and handling. Which is a hell of a good deal considering that this exhaust retails at about $550, though I have actually seen it even higher. It is a great exhaust, so much better sounding than the TRD, though the same power gains. And as far as the intake goes, I would save up and go with the AEM Cold Air Intake if I were you (once again, that is what I have), it is really a great system and I got very noticeable power gains from it. I never even heard of anybody doing that thing your friend did with the K&N and the stock intake tube...hmmmm... confused wierd. Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do, and if you need any more help, I will be more than willing to do whatever I can to assist you. Peace man.

P.S. oh yeah, that site with the exhaust special... www.afsmotorsports.com [afsmotorsports.com]
also, the price on the site says $450 for the TSRM, but it is really $435, the price on the site is wrong. If you decide to order it, just call them instead of sending an order by mail, it's so much easier.

[ 02-02-2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: thedoc092 ]

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
hey doc...will the Injen CAI off this site fit on an automatic 02 GT? the AEM is for manual an I have an auto frown any advice? thanks.

"I ride big body Benz, Gucci shade lens/
Me an all my friends got the platinum diamond grin/
Everything Im in spin, on 20" Larenz/
Lay back on buckskin, wit my braids in the wind."

Originally posted by Deseck:
hey doc...will the Injen CAI off this site fit on an automatic 02 GT? the AEM is for manual an I have an auto frown any advice? thanks.
Hey Deseck, what's up. The Injen CAI RD is available for the GT, and I am sure that it will work for the automatic, just contact Isaac or Steven on this site just to make sure, Isaac is the head administrator and Steven is one of the Staff members, they know pretty much everything. I go to them with all my questions. But anyways, when you go into the store to order it, there is a bar you scroll down to pick the type you want it for, GT or GTS. Just pick GT, and then pick your color, and you're all set. I would definitely contact one of them first just to make sure it works for automatic, I am almost positive it does. Peace man.

[ 02-02-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: thedoc092 ]

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

2002 Toyota Celica GT
2002 Toyota Celica GT
alright...thanks a lot man.

"I ride big body Benz, Gucci shade lens/
Me an all my friends got the platinum diamond grin/
Everything Im in spin, on 20" Larenz/
Lay back on buckskin, wit my braids in the wind."

Originally posted by Deseck:
alright...thanks a lot man.
Anytime bro.

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

APEXi N1 and an Injen Intake...that what i have..sounds graet..works great...dont stick k&n on stock hose...not raelly all that great