if you have the money here's what I'd do... (btw don't hold your breathe for 10's. it has yet to be done or even close)
1) buy a 2nd motor (preferably the 2zz)
2) buy the c2gas tranny (you'll HAVE to have this if you're running any kind of decent power)
3) find a good shop to do all your head work(right now I recommend "industrial performance" in CA. they are workin on my head right now
this should include cams, valve job, valve springs, and all the port work.
4) buy the mwr stroker kit. you'll want 8.8:1 compression. I'm pretty sure the package come pre-sleeved so you're fine there.
5) get a huge turbo. something like the GT35R should do
6) you'll want a 35 shot to help that sucka spool up faster even though it spools nicely, it could do better.
7) new clutch/flywheel
8) remove most of your interior
9) run some big a$$ slicks.
then you should have a chance at hitting some fast times
yeah this is my route im going...im going N/A so i can build my motor up..im doing all the works including P&P..then i'll put a shot on it..that way..my motor can handle the shot and not worry about blownin shzzz up...and if i want to turbo the ride all i have to worry about is the installation costs and the price of the turbo...i wont have to worry about upgrading the engine bc its already been done! its gonna take a while but thats the route im going...
if you run nitrous you're not N/A