Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#3902 Feb 2, 11:05pm
What's up guys, I was wondering what is the best short shifter out there? I have heard that some people have had problems with the TRD, but that was the one I was gonna get. Now what do I do? I want the best short shifter out there, I need your help guys. I would like to know everyone's opinion. Thanks boyz...and girls.

2002 Absolutely Red GT-S 6-speed
AEM CAI
AEM Pulley
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Coming soon:(As soon as I save up)
Custom Turbo Setup

You might want to consider TWM short shifters. I personnally don't have one, yet, but as soon as I save enough money for modz i'm getting myself one. I've heard good things about this ss kit. Oh yeah if you want a link, just click on the banner on the top of the page when the tmw banner apears. ( site sponsor )

[ 02-03-2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: edge202 ]

The three main short shifters out there for the Celica are the TWM, B&M and the TRD. Basic run down:

TWM - shortest throw between gears, roughest shifting (more common to misshift)
B&M - between in throw and smoothness of shifting
TRD - longest of the three (little over an inch short than stock if I am not mistaken), but has the smoothest shift between gears.

It all comes down to personal preference though. Decide what you want out of your short shifter and go from there.

Originally posted by utkdawg:
The three main short shifters out there for the Celica are the TWM, B&M and the TRD. Basic run down:

TWM - shortest throw between gears, roughest shifting (more common to misshift)
B&M - between in throw and smoothness of shifting
TRD - longest of the three (little over an inch short than stock if I am not mistaken), but has the smoothest shift between gears.

It all comes down to personal preference though. Decide what you want out of your short shifter and go from there.
Thanks a lot utkdawg, I basically want a pretty short throw but smooth, so I would probably want to go with the B&M...do you know about how much money they run? And also, would I have do buy a new boot for it? If so, where would I buy that? Thanks again for the help utkdawg.
And I was wondering...which one would you get?

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

Oh sorry utkdawg, i didn't read your mods before i posted that last question, i see now that you have the TRD SS. How do you like it?

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

[Razz] Actually, I don't have it quite yet. It's the next thing I am going to buy. The TRD is going to be a good combination of looks, feel and throw. I don't like the look of the TWM in all honesty, it's just way too short. I haven't heard any complaints about the B&M though. Any of the short shifters are going to run you around $120 to $140 near that range.

[ 02-03-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: utkdawg ]

Cool utkdawg, thanks again for the help, i am definitely going to go with either the B&M or the TRD. Peace.

AEM CAI
AEM Pulley

Custom Turbo Setup

TWM all the way...its shorter than any other ss, and you can feel the gear than ur in, no way for a mis shift...i have it in my car

01 GTS 6 spd.

mods: TRD Springs, TRD Exhaust, TWM SS, AEM CAI, WW AD-ON Body Kit, Primax 17x7 White Rims...

I have a TRD short shifter, I love it. It took me only 20 min. to install and you can tell the difference between the stock and the short shifter big time. I heard that the B&M is harder to install but is just as effective. But my pick was TRD.