XPunkJoeX Jan 15, 3:44am - #374934 

2000 Toyota Celica

Baldwin Park, CA
Back from the dealer again! Damn P0171!

Long story short

OBD Code P0171 & Monitor Icon C
Celica GTS 2000 94000 miles
Mods: Injen CAI & TRD exhaust

CEL came on a few months ago. My car was running like crap. I noticed I was getting less miles to the tank etc. Took in to the dealer said it was my ECU and injectors according to the TSB. They checked my MAFs and said it was fine. Bought new injectors and ECU car runs much better but damn light came back on angry Took it back in today they checked it for free and they said my o2 sensor was falling out quick to 0 volts. They blamed my air/fuel ratio gauge saying because it is trying to work its screwing with my o2 sensor. Told me they could not do anything till I remove the gauge and bring it back to check if the o2 sensor is bad!

I think that is bs but I dont know what to do to get ride of the CEL and get the miles I use to get to the tank.

I have done/bought new:

Cleaned MAFs
NEW Injectors
NEW Spark Plugs

Should I buy a new o2 sensor?
Should I get rid of my air/fuel ratio gauge?
Which o2 sensor should I get front back?

I have the INNOVIA 3100 Digital OBDII Code Reader which tells me two things when I hook it up. P0171(running lean bank 1) and the letter C blinks on the screen which stands for Catalyst Monitor.

Any help suggestions or love would be welcomed! Its been a long day dealing with those jerks at the dealer cry

If Life Starts To Pass You By...Downshift!!!
Metal Storm 2040
Polykarb Jan 15, 5:33am - #374935 

Metal Storm 2040
2000 Toyota Celica

Tampa, Florida
This is funny. I install my AEM CAI in my garage and everyone elses CAI or SRI screws their celica's up.

-Get the O2 Sensor
-Get rid of your Air/Fuel gauge, your car is not a race car.
-Get both Front and Back 0@ sensors

To get rid of a CEL, take off negative battery cable for 15mins or so and let the thing reboot.