Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#36790 Aug 17, 7:03pm
1991 Toyota Celica STX
1991 Toyota Celica STX
Ok, I own a 91 Toyota Celica and I am looking for a headlight kit that switches out the pop ups of fixed lights. I have searched google and other search engines like mad and no dice. Does anyone know a place that does them custom? I know it will be pricey but it'll be so worth it. A company makes them for the MR2 and I've tried e-mailing them but the contact info for every employee is outdated. The lights for the MR2 look like this.
http://www.streetweaponkits.com/shopping/uploads/toyota/mr290-aero.jpg

I found a celica with similar lights. Here it is, does anyone know who made this?
http://www.celica.net/Gallery/5th_generation_Celica's/Bodykits/saga0310_006.jpg

Last edited by BandBMotorsports; Aug 17, 2003 7:05pm.

Sometimes I just sit in the garage staring at this beautiful wolf, doing nothing, just admiring it. Life feels gooood when you have a Celica in your garage.

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
idk dude...wow
I have never seen that done before...
hmmmm...
confused confused

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

2003 Toyota Celica GT
2003 Toyota Celica GT
ive seen lots of headlight conversions. im sure you could find the same deal for enough cash

[Linked Image]

05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
05 WRB
2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by Snake03GT
ive seen lots of headlight conversions. im sure you could find the same deal for enough cash

same here..but I meant for that type of model celica.

SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
look into purcahsing headlamps from the MR2 series... its popular to replace the pop-up lighting with stationary lighting for people who are serious about racing - these cause less drag thumbsup

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

1991 Toyota Celica STX
1991 Toyota Celica STX
Unfortunatly anyone who is serious about drag racing would own a 5th gen celica, they were good for mountain passes and rally, but not drag racing. The MR2 ones wouldn't even come close to be modified for the celica and teh pop ups on the 5th were well liked so I haven't found anyone except that link I put up. Since I don't know who owns that car I dunno what to do. Argg! I have so many cool things I want to do but NO ONE makes the parts or will do custom stuff. I don't know where to turn. Ebay, and google come up with nothing. DAMN! hehe I am a little frustrated...thanks for the help guys and if anyone knows any other ideas, lemme know?

Sometimes I just sit in the garage staring at this beautiful wolf, doing nothing, just admiring it. Life feels gooood when you have a Celica in your garage.

ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT
check with the guys at http://www.Celica.net

...I overheard so many times about how people with pop-up lighting, want to get rid of those darned things because they are nothing but problems

[Linked Image]
It's not just your imagination...
Your day really does go by twice as fast while on EverythingCelica.com

hey i met the guy that owns that celica. he calls it super sonic blue celica. but anyways, i've lost contact with him. he told me how he did it thou,cuz i have a 90 celica coupe. i was thinking of doin it ,but never got around to it.

anywayz, he took out the whole headlamp unit, bought sum fog lights and placed them where the orginal one was. than he cut out sum plexiglass and glued it over the area to make it flush with the celica.

well i hope that helps or even makes sense.its not very detail but thats wut he told me. good luck.

1991 Toyota Celica STX
1991 Toyota Celica STX
It's going to be really expensive, but I'll just order some Ferrari or Maserati headlights and drop them into place. Then I'll remove the plastic slats that are on the front of the 5th gens so the lights can project unblocked. Order a plate of glass from the local glass guys to fit over the now created whole and bingo. It'll do it and the Ferrari/maserati lights will create the dual-underglass-headlight look that I want. The fog lights were a good idea but I'd be sacrificing light in a big way, they just don't project.