Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

Can anyone supply me with the factory alignment specs...in particular the rear wheel camber and toe in/out settings and likewise the front settings. I've just fitted 30mm Eibachs and while loosening and then retightening the rear bushes at the new ride height, I fear that the rear settings have shifted a little, so I want to check and adjust if neccessary. Also is there is setting for the rear which works better with the lower ride height and 18's with 225/40's.
Ps any guidance on best tyre pressures. I'll be tackling the Nurburgring north circuit in a couple of weeks and want everything to be optimised !

Celica 190 (europe)

1981 Toyota Celica
1981 Toyota Celica
Sorry I do not have your stock specs but I do have a few tips. For the nurbugring (or any track) a little more negative camber will be good. The stock settings will only allow you to wear the outside of your tires in track use (since factory settings will usually be geared for tire longitivity for street use). As for toe it would be nice to be able to try out some settings other than the factory spec. A little toe out will give you better turn in but you will sacrifice a bit of straight line stability and vice versa. Tire pressures are a bit subjective but be sure to check them while the tires are cold (bring your own gauge so that readings will be consistent). Most of the time a higher front tire pressure in the rear will add to oversteer and vice versa. If you have access to smaller rims try them out (15-16 if they will fit). The stiffer setup of the 18's might cause your car to hop on corners. Smaller rims will help you accelerate faster too (plus they have lower unsprung weight and rolling resistance). Touring cars run on 18's because they have very large brakes. They also have suspension components better tuned to take those large rims. And last be careful. One of the posters in the other forum I visit wiped out just a few days ago at the nurbugring. Enjoy your track day! Beware though its very addictive...

PS> Here's a good article on suspension and tire setup:
http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/da...&Section=05 [bmwe30.net]

Last edited by Ernest; Aug 17, 2003 12:02pm.

<The Car GeEk>

Thanks Ernest

I'll get the stock specs from my dealer and work from there, not much I can do about the camber at the front unless I fit eccentric bolts or file the top of the strut towers. I'll probably leave everything close to standard since it is my everyday car and it needs to be undemanding to drive with good tyre wear.
I've had it from new (2001) and am very pleased with it. smile