How to Change your Fog Lights without Removing the Front Bumper.
6 inch Socket Extension
Flat Head Screw Driver (Medium)
Needle Nose Pliers
1. Jack up one side of the Car to give yourself more head room. Remember to use a jack stand as well because your head is going to be under the car quite a lot. (Only jacking up one side will be fine. I suggest the driver's side as this light is more difficult)
2. Using the 10mm socket remove all the NUTS
and both SCREWS
on either side. Next it is helpful to remove two CLIPS
[/color] on either side of the car for a total of four clips. Simply push the flat head into the slot of the clip and pop the clip open and pull out.
3. Pull the plastics down so you have enough room to work. Locate both foglights. I started with the driver's side one.
4. To give yourself more room on the driver's side to open the foglight, unplug the HORN
and using the pliers pop out the CABLE CLIP
[/color]. Next grab on to the back of the foglight (in yellow) with the adjustable pliers. I used the adjustable's because I was having a hard time turning the back in the tight area. Makes it easier to get a good grip on the back. Just be sure to not crush the wires coming out of the bottom of the foglight.
5. Turn the back counter-clockwise to approximately the green arrow. You will feel the back slide easy and the kinda clip into a certain place. This is the opening moving into the unlock area.
6. Next using the screw driver, slide it in between the back and the housing of the foglight. This will pop the back off. It should be very easy to do. If you feel any resistance from the back then the back in not in the correct location. Simply give slight pressure on the screw driver while turning the back either clockwise or counter-clockwise until it pops off.
7. Now that you have the back open lets get in out of the way. Pull all the cables aside and move the back away from the housing as far as you can. Next find the black clips (in red
) One of them is the ground and the other is the power. The one with the long wire attached in the power shown here in blue
. Simply pull the/two wire apart at the black clip. Next grab onto the other clip and pull straight back away from the housing. This is the ground clip. It is shaped like an "L". Now you can move the back away from the light. The yellow arrow shows the separation point of the back and housing. Now it is time to remove the light. Push the SPRING CLIP
[/color] in towards the front of the car and down towards the bottom. This will let you pivot it out of the way. Now simply grab onto the back of the light and pull straight back.
8. Install the new light. Simply put it in and repeat all the steps in reverse. The foglights you might have noticed are keyed to go in only one way. The SQUARE SIDE
goes on the top and the ROUND SIDE
goes toward the bottom.
I suggest turning on your foglights before closing up the housing to make sure everything works.
Enjoy your new lights