New Reply
Print Thread
fstate9
fstate9 Jan 4, 6:29am - #364768 
2000 Liquid Silver Toyota Celica
2000 Toyota Celica

Cincinnati
Help Electrical Problem

I got into my car last night and when i started it i smelled a burning smell. The smell was like of an electrical short...

What happened is not my passenger side window has no power and also my lighting in my center console such as the light which lights up the ring around the cigarette lighter does not work either. I was thinking I blew a fuse?

I read the fuse covers and i cant find out where the window fuses are located along with the lighting on the center console!

PLEASE HELP!
RookieGTS
Boobie Vision
RookieGTS Jan 4, 7:02am - #364769 

Boobie Vision
2000 Toyota Celica

925 Nor Cal
dude thats not good man.. cry
BReakinDrifTs
BReakinDrifTs Jan 4, 10:12am - #364770 

Valencia, CA
Usually when you blow a fuse you shouldnt be smelling electrical short. I coudln't tell you exactly which fuse it is, so start pulling them out and look for a blown one. spineyes
ExNihilo
Cold Warrior
ExNihilo Jan 4, 6:20pm - #364771 
Cold Warrior
2004 Toyota Celica GTS

Tempe, AZ
Check the owners manual for a map of the fuses and their location. Its near the back of the owners manual. I can tell you all about the engine compartment fuses, but not the passenger compartment ones.

You'll probably find a burned out fuse, but you most likely have a short, so just replacing the fuse probably won't fix the problem.

300,000 KM/Sec. Its not just a good idea, its the law.