Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread

#362760 Dec 31, 2:58pm
2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
I just got a sony 500watt sub and 2 10" sony subs to go with it for christmas. I want to do the work myself and was wondering what the best way to route the wires to the trunk was and if I would need to get a new head unit I currently have stock can I hook up the amp to the stock stereo? also would I need a capacitor for a 500watt amp and how important a capacitor would be for my application. I'm looking to do something that will allow me to still use my trunk but look nice and custom was thinking of using a peice of plexi to float the amp where the trunk cover usually goes and putting the subs on either side of the trunk below the amp. or mounting everything dropped in a fake floor and then covered with plexi to protect it from things I might drop in my trunk. give me your input..

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT
You can use the stock radio but you are going to need line level coverters for the audio signal. You shouldn't need a capacitor for that setup, but it wouldn't hurt either. The wires can be run along the side of the car under the door sills and to the trunk. Just make sure you run the rca's and power wire on separate sides of the car or you will get sound interference (alternator whine)

Good luck on the install. thumbsup

Originally posted by RICOGT:
i wanted to get the vac gauge because it constantly moves. more of a race feel i think

2002 Toyota Celica
2002 Toyota Celica
line signal converter.. the amp I have has a wiring harness for hooking in the speaker wires from the 4 speakers would I need to splice rca cables into my speaker wires or is there a line out spot on the stock radio? and I'm only using it as a sub powering unit so I want my other speakers to be powered by the stock stereo. (probably not going to be doing this for a few more weeks so haven't taken anything apart to look at it.. ).

2004 Toyota Celica GT
2004 Toyota Celica GT

Yeah that is another way to do it without rca's. You only need to run the wires from 2 speakers. 1 left and 1 right for a 2 channel amp. thumbsup

Originally posted by RICOGT:
i wanted to get the vac gauge because it constantly moves. more of a race feel i think