ECelica Admin
isaac Dec 14, 9:36am - #350799 
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
Lighting, Map Light - How To Replace Bulb

Map Light Bulb Numbers:

A. 175 DOUBLE END BULB - Interior Light (WITHOUT Sliding Moon Roof)
The cover just 'snaps-in' to place, similar to a Beer Stein's cap. Remember that it is just a plastic and should slightly flex. Looking closely at the clear plastic cover, you may notice a tiny rectangle indention - this is the location of the plastic 'nub' that snaps the cover in to place. Use this 'nub' as a guide to where your flat-head screwdriver is to be used.

B. 293 SINGLE END BULB - Interior Light (WITH Sliding Moon Roof)

TIP: It is suggested that you tape the end if your flat-head screw-driver (with electrical-tape, since it is softer than most other tape) to avoid scratching the plastic.

1953384315-maplight.gif
isaac
ECelica Admin
isaac Dec 14, 9:38am - #350800 
2001 Absolutely Red Toyota Celica GT
ECelica Admin
2001 Toyota Celica GT

Los Angeles, CA
After opening the map light enclosure to take the bulb out, I drove to the local PepBoys/AutoZone and matched up the size of the bulb to something they had in RED... to match my red Celica. PepBoys/AutoZone also has BLUE and WHITE colored bulbs.

The total project cost was under $4 for the bulb package. The package includs a set of TWO bulbs; only one was needed to complete this project.

I was happy with my new "mood lighting". Then after a week of jokes about being able to develop film while driving with the RED lighting, I went back to stock WHITE lighting... also so I could better glance at (read) written directions or address notes and such while driving at night.
1953384317-DCP_0037.jpg
Quinn301
Quinn301 Mar 22, 10:53pm - #451103 

Tx
Is this the right number 293 for a toyota celica 2000?