It's been awhile since I posted here. I feel like my celica is falling apart, so I'm going to pack all my questions into this one thread
1) Tires. My rear tires are about to wear out, and they're unbalanced, so it's causing crazy vibrations at high speeds. This is going to be odd, but I want recommendations for long-lasting tires, not performance tires. I've had performance tires on it for 4 years, and they wear out after 15k miles. I drive 30 miles to work every day, all straight highway, and usually at 70 mph+ I need somehting that will last a long time. I don't need cornering performance at all. Suggestions?
2) Rattle noise from behind the dash. I remember seeing a link on this site before regarding the cause / fixes for it. I can't seem to find it now. Anyone have any info on this? Even at 30 mph, there's this unnaturally loud rattle / creeking coming from behind the dash. I have no idea what it is.
3) Brakes. From a stop, if I inch forward (say at a fast food drive-thru) the brake *clack* every time I stop. I'm supposing I need a brake job as well...
4) The shifter linkage squeeks... I know the answer to this one, lube it.
5) Idle is strange sometimes, it dips really low, almost to the point of dying at a stoplight but it recovers and comes back up to "normal" slowly. ECU check? Spark plugs perhaps?
6) I have a bulb out in the front right headlight. It's not the headlight bulb, and it's not the high beams. Apparently there's a 3rd?
7) I have a fog light that's flakey, it doesn't come on half the time, but if I get out of the car and tap on it, it will spring to life.
8) The ever present trunk rattle. I have a 12" sub and it sounds like the lock housing it the culprit. I can't find a way to stop the rattling though. I suppose I could dynomat the whole thing...
It's my New Years resolution to get all this stuff taken care of and get my Celica back in top condition. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated